Support

Open search

High temperatures

Apprentice

Hi all just got my new s10e recently and im very worried about the high temps its running. The cpu has been over 50.C and battery average 35.C to 40.C this seems very worryingly hot. Anyone else have any advise? Should I return the phone?

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

I Assume the phone isn't in a case and or has a screen protector on as this can hinder how the phone dissipating heat.

Also if the phone has fast charging turned On this can make the battery heat up a little more.

Is-there-something-wrong-with-my-samsung-mobile-device-if-it-often-gets-hot.

I would think you have a couple of options @Ben_mapp  if your worried about your new phone. 

Return the phone to source and have it swapped.

Take it to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for a diagnostic test and advice on acceptable temperatures. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I Assume the phone isn't in a case and or has a screen protector on as this can hinder how the phone dissipating heat.

This is a ridiculous response! Samsung supply screen protectors on some of their phones (eg samsung s10+) out of the box and even sell cases for their phones, suggesting that using either is the reason for a phone overheating is ridiculous.

FYI, my s10 plus also gets hot from just using chrome to browse the web.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@WelshPaul wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

This is a ridiculous response! Samsung supply screen protectors on some of their phones (eg samsung s10+) out of the box and even sell cases for their phones, suggesting that using either is the reason for a phone overheating is ridiculous.

Samsung apply a plastic screen protector to some of their phones not all.

Glass Screen Protectors can be different.

To you my reply maybe ridiculous I submit.

That's fine _ ignore the content. 

Perhaps conduct a Google Search in regards to cases and phones + heat.

Here is one > why-your-phone-gets-hot-and-how-to-fix-it

How to cool your phone down

For a quick fix, first try removing your phone’s case. While the case itself should not be causing your phone to overheat, it might be trapping heat. Removing it can help lower your phone’s temperature more quickly. "

Phones will heat up depending on how hard your pushing it - yes.

You have a good day @WelshPaul 

Current Phone ~

Explorer

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@WelshPaul wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Samsung apply a plastic screen protector to some of their phones not all.

You highlight the word some? I clearly stated "Samsung supply screen protectors on some of their phones (eg samsung s10+) out of the box".

I have been using mobile phones since I turned 18, i'm now 43. In that time I have had hundreds of handsets and I have never had a phone get hot, warm when on charge yes. I don't game on a mobile but i'd expect some heat from those high end games over time...

While I am a new user to Samsung mobile phones I can tell you that my S10 plus out of the box generates the most heat I have ever experienced of any brand and model I have ever used. Yes it's going to get hotter when used with a case and screen protector in place but neither are the cause of the problem, they mearly make an existing problem worse. Telling someone not to use either is ridiculous in my opinion, even more so when Samsung are selling basic cases for £50 a pop!

A phone shouldn't generate such heat out of the box when doing a simple task.

Apprentice

Yeah I agree cases shouldn't be the issue I don't push my phone it's only ever used for browsing, streaming music and email's etc so it should never be getting hot given the power of the phone its should be running at tickover with tasks like that.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Ben_mapp 

Then I would direct you to the advice given in my first reply.

Return the phone to source and have it swapped.

Take it to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for a diagnostic test and advice on acceptable temperatures. 

Again, I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors