Support

Open search

HDR applied even when it's set to OFF

Highlighted
Explorer

Yep, it's not a bug. It's how their photos look, so the public, and I guess the masses in Korea can go like: "whoaaa, so bright colors, so vibrant! whooo!"

but I guess you also don't see how bad the photos are?

and while they f****d the camera completely, they sneakily removed my fav stuff on the S8. the led light, haha. :( FML

Highlighted
First Poster

Few days ago there was new update that bring major changes to camera ( some new features from Note 10 ).  Anybody got this update and can confirm is  "can't turn off HDR" bug still present? 

Wanted to buy Galaxy S10 mainly for photography, but now I'am seriously considering Huawei P30 pro because of this.

Highlighted
Explorer

I've received this update today (S10). Didn't have time and weather to test it properly, but I THINK problem still exists. But my first thought was HDR was not so argressive like before. But again, I need sunny day to test more.

Highlighted
Explorer
Still there, I guess we need to wait for android Q
Highlighted
Explorer

Same sh*t with android 10. Stupid amounts of HDR. My long affair with Samsung phones is done.

Highlighted
Explorer

I have just bought a Huawei P30 PRO. Seen that Samsung camera is not as good as it should be, I made my choice

Highlighted
Explorer

how do you like it so far?

Highlighted
Explorer

lol people noticed issues with the s20, and samsungrresponded... why were we completely ignored? 

The Verge: Samsung pledges to improve Galaxy S20 camera after reviewers see issues.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/26/21155255/samsung-galaxy-s20-camera-issues-update-promised

Highlighted
Voyager

@ouideer wrote:

lol people noticed issues with the s20, and samsungrresponded... why were we completely ignored? 

The Verge: Samsung pledges to improve Galaxy S20 camera after reviewers see issues.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/26/21155255/samsung-galaxy-s20-camera-issues-update-promised

I HAD SOME OF THESE!! D
1. Bad autofocus (did not want to focus at all)

2. Smoothskin problem is common to all S10 devices

Soooo it took 4 new models and generation and half to recognise the problem. But not by reading their user inpit via Members app or the huge thread of BAD CAMERA in the forum. Only when respectable mags started writting about it.
Lets see if they fix it at all.

Highlighted
Explorer
yes, but one thing I wanna know real badly: can you turn off the HDR on the S20? : D
Top Liked Authors