Support

Open search

HATE the on screen fingerprint reader on the Galaxy S10+

Observer

I absolutely HATE the on screen fingerprint reader on the Galaxy S10+. I really don't understand why they did away with the physical fingerprint reader on the back of the phone on the Galaxy S9+. It WORKED every single time!!

Most of the time when I try to use the on screen fingerprint reader I have now, it doesn't work. And then I have to enter my pin instead, simply to unlock my phone. This is incredibly annoying and it creates an unnecessary extra step for something that used to be so simple and so easy to do.

The fingerprint reader on the back of the S9+ was seamless and effective. It saved me so much time. Now, I'm just wasting time fighting with the on screen fingerprint reader with the S10+.

I understand that some people didn't like the one of the back of the phone on the S9+. I really don't understand how they were accidentally putting their finger over the camera lens. If you hold your phone in the middle, like most people, you would have your hand in the right spot to hit the fingerprint reader every time. And if you use a pop socket then that helps ensure your hand would always be in the right spot so that you always hit the fingerprint reader and not the lens.

Please bring back the physical fingerprint reader.

Thank you,
Diana

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Voyager

@dianas286 wrote:

I absolutely HATE the on screen fingerprint reader on the Galaxy S10+. I really don't understand why they did away with the physical fingerprint reader on the back of the phone on the Galaxy S9+. It WORKED every single time!!

Most of the time when I try to use the on screen fingerprint reader I have now, it doesn't work. And then I have to enter my pin instead, simply to unlock my phone. This is incredibly annoying and it creates an unnecessary extra step for something that used to be so simple and so easy to do.

The fingerprint reader on the back of the S9+ was seamless and effective. It saved me so much time. Now, I'm just wasting time fighting with the on screen fingerprint reader with the S10+.

I understand that some people didn't like the one of the back of the phone on the S9+. I really don't understand how they were accidentally putting their finger over the camera lens. If you hold your phone in the middle, like most people, you would have your hand in the right spot to hit the fingerprint reader every time. And if you use a pop socket then that helps ensure your hand would always be in the right spot so that you always hit the fingerprint reader and not the lens.

Please bring back the physical fingerprint reader.

Thank you,
Diana

Agree, but I think this gimmick will be here for a couple more years like the notch.

The actual sensor worked much better and faster, plus they are limiting the number of prints you can enter which makes it even worse. Just one more half baked coding on Samsung's part.....

Highlighted
Explorer

I dunno I hope they never do. I find it works well as it is and having a finger print sensor on the back was so annoying.

using my thumbs only and it works every time.

Highlighted
First Poster

I've given up on it also. Using Whitestone Glass .....which I am less than impressed with....anyways...I don't bother using it. 

Top Liked Authors