Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gorilla glass CON

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 05:30 PM)
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options

I think this is such a big con Gorilla glas 4 , 5, 6, 7, 8 what are the upgardes for each version? it still scratches the same way as the original whether its 2 or the lastest version what a big CON!!!!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
I would simply recommend a good screen-protector, glass tends to scratch unfortunately.
0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

Sigh... it's glass.... glass scratches and glass breaks...

Why? Because it is glass.....

0 Likes
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options

Really? Didn't know that. 

So gorilla glass is just like any other glass, strange that considering the FACT IS IT ISN'T 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@campfreddy0: Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Gorilla Glass, regardless of which version it is, is only resistant to scratching and breaks, however both can still occur under the right/wrong conditions. Further to the recommendation provided by @SjorsK, you may wish to invest in a good quality case or screen protector to add an extra layer of protection.
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options

How about you explain to me exactly why samsung has used the latest version what are  the improvements over the last ones as I mentioned above you can't state "latest" version of gorilla glass without explaining what the latest version offers over the previous.

It's just a big con isn't it? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Latest version is Gorilla Glass 6. Check our what Corning has to say about the improvements.

"Corning scientists engineered tougher and more durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6. Subjected to a new and rigorous test methodology in our labs, on average, Gorilla Glass 6 survived 15 consecutive drops from 1 meter onto rough surfaces and is up to 2x better than Gorilla® Glass 5. Under the same test conditions, competitive glass compositions didn’t even survive the first drop. Gorilla Glass 6 also survives at higher heights than Gorilla Glass 5."
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@campfreddy0 wrote:

Really? Didn't know that. 

So gorilla glass is just like any other glass, strange that considering the FACT IS IT ISN'T 

Gorilla Glass is scratch and damage resistant, that doesn't in any way mean it won't scratch and break.

Please read... Gorilla Glass though stronger is still glass... and once again glass breaks and scratches.... Facts

0 Likes
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options

No it shouldn't in the circumstances gorilla claim its been tested and passed with flying colours. 

I've owned every galaxy since the s2 that started it off and the glass has got no better in regards to what it can stand upto..

IN FACT IT SEEMS WORSE. 

nothing has changed gorilla are liars and so is samsung.. Why do we have to spend another £50 on a decent screen saver when it should already hold upto normal use.

Also the screen coating on my S8 disappeared after about a year and a half into ownership.

On a phone costing close to £1000 it's a disgrace 

doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@campfreddy0 wrote:

No it shouldn't in the circumstances gorilla claim its been tested and passed with flying colours. 

I've owned every galaxy since the s2 that started it off and the glass has got no better in regards to what it can stand upto..

IN FACT IT SEEMS WORSE. 

nothing has changed gorilla are liars and so is samsung.. Why do we have to spend another £50 on a decent screen saver when it should already hold upto normal use.

Also the screen coating on my S8 disappeared after about a year and a half into ownership.

On a phone costing close to £1000 it's a disgrace 

Since you clearly don't understand.... Corning makes Gorilla Glass.. I would suggest looking up their information and complain to them then..... Good luck with that

0 Likes