Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Back Up Now option is deactivated or greyed out on S10 5G

(Topic created on: 30-07-2019 03:10 PM)
Captain_Blaw
Student
Options

I have an S10 5G (SM-G977B) and it seems that the Google Back Up option within the Back up & restore does not work and its deactivated or greyed out. I have read on US forum and it seems its a wider problem and people have had it with Note 9 and S9 as well. My previous phone was a S9+ which was also running Android Pie and didnt have the same issue. It was suggested on the other forum to try and remove any Screen Lock screen from the phone and then try. It seems it does work but as long as you dont have any lock screen setup on the phone. As soon as any Screen lock is used (even the Pattern) the Back Up now button is deactivated or greyed out immediately. Does anyone have had this problem and if there is any other resolution?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note-9/Google-Back-Up-Now-grayed-out-Waiting-for-backup/m-p/7622...

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Epsomsalt
Student
Options

Hi,

I have the same model, SM-G977B, which is on UK EE. I have checked that the Backup & Restore with Google option from your screenshot works for me without any issues. I have set a pattern and biometric security option for the screen. I don't really see why would a carrier block the backup option. Hopefully, there would be a solution for your issue as S10 5G is a lovely phone.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Solution
Captain_Blaw
Student
Options

Thanks @Epsomsalt.

While wondering what to do I kind of found a solution, Just tried enabling Developer Options and it seems to have worked for me. I found out that running ADB command backupnow had been able to do a backup for some people in this situation. In the process of getting Adb to setup I enabled Developer Option and suddenly the Google Back Up now is now available and works.

0 Likes