Support

Open search

Gmail notifications

Navigator

Please its driving me nuts .I've tried everything I do not get an  email notification in my phone bar at the top when I receive an email. 

13 REPLIES 13
AntS Moderator

What have you tried so far, @Wuzzybear? All relevant notification settings set correctly on the phone and Gmail, for example? 

Are you getting other notifications through?

Also, apparently there's a a bit of S10-type weirdness I've come across, where adding the relevant Gmail account to the stock email app appears to help with receiving notifications from the Gmail app.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Navigator
Hi thanks yes I'm getting other notifications for texts ..messenger etc. I've tried changing in settings high priority,,show icons, changing sound ,turning on and off..
Navigator
It worked once the other night though then not anymore 🙈
Explorer

Has GMail been automatically added itself to 'Sleeping Apps' list. Had similar issue on S9 where got no notifications but yet when checked manually had emails waiting.

Under battery -> battery usage-> gmail  -> Optimise battery usage, checked to see of Gmail is listed. If so, flick slider to off.

Navigator
Thanku very much but I have tried all that . I may go in Samsung store and ask them
Navigator
Thankyou v much but no joy
Navigator

Hi..Haha you ll laugh.. I installed email app now I'm getting notifacations twice ..from Gmail and Email. Oh well now I certainly wont miss an email!😂😂thanks all 

AntS Moderator

LOL. Like waiting ages for a bus... 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

Question: what happens once you have added your Gmail account to the stock Samsung app;  can you remove or stop the Gmail app? 

Top Liked Authors