Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gallery doesn't delete pictures

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 10:51 AM)
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Hi, I experience a weid issue. When I try to delete a file I get message that the file is deteting but it isn't. When I enable Trash it is moved into trash and then I can thrown  files from the trash but when I turn the trash off I'm unable to delete anything.

The files are stored in phone memory, Gallery has all right and other applications are able to detele the files. I tried deleting stored dtaa, no success.

Any suggestions?

VIDEO

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Ade65
Explorer
Options
Are you backing up your pictures to Samsung Cloud? If so then the image that's showing up on the phone is the one that's actually stored in the cloud. You need to remove it from there as well.
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Not exactly as you wrote but it was a clue. When I enabled synchronization and then disabled it again then I was able to delete pictures. Then I removed all backuped pictures and disabled synchronization and it seems working well.

Thanks

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

peter786
First Poster
Options

there must a glitch or your phone storage is almost full that if didn't allow you to delete files from the gallery. Also this could be a problem with the gallery app, like you might be using an old version of the gallery app which needs to be updated from the Samsung store. If you have tried all these ways and the problem persists then try empting trash from your Samsung android phone by reading the article given below:

How to Empty Trash on Android phone? Samsung, Mi, Realme etc.

0 Likes