Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy s10 ultra sonic fingerprint

(Topic created on: 10-03-2019 08:41 PM)
Albann
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys, I received my galaxy s10 2 days ago and ive noticed something, At first the fingerprint sensor is slower and sometimes says "Press harder" or "Keep your finger on the sensor a little longer" however from the first day ive had it until now, the scanner seems to be working even faster so i think as time passes on the finger print sensor recognises your fingerprint more faster. Have you guys noticed this aswell?

Go to solution
60 REPLIES 60
SDMF
Apprentice
Options
Yep the only way to get it to scan is to lick your finger what a pos phone! I'm not happy. Just got January update with version 4.0.1.1 fingerprint patch and still completely broken!
0 Likes
lovingred2
Apprentice
Options
But then mine says make sure NOT to press too hard...fickle little thing!
0 Likes
S10p
First Poster
Options

Easy little trick I started using was to save 1 fingerprint but alternate between thumbs for each scan. Works really well

0 Likes
dianas286
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem and it drives me crazy!! I want the physical fingerprint reader on the back of the phone back. It worked every single time!

0 Likes
dianas286
Journeyman
Options

I agree! I feel that the physical fingerprint reader on the S9+ was so much faster and more reliable. It worked every single time and it made unlocking my phone a breeze, but this new on screen fingerprint reader on my S10+ is a joke! I hate it and I truly wish they would bring the old fingerprint reader back.

0 Likes
dianas286
Journeyman
Options

What did you do to send feedback to Samsung about this issue? I'd love to do the same thing.

0 Likes
SDMF
Apprentice
Options
Yep the reader on my samsung galaxy s5 worked beautifully & its ancient! I think somebody needs to start a class action law suit, I feel cheated buying my phone outright & it's never worked. I have to fight my phone every time I try to log in, sure I could use a pin, or face but it's not rock solid either. Samsung should have never let these fp readers make it through QC!
0 Likes
Wafcarl
Student
Options

Looked at Gallery S20 & thought with new fingerprint tech be worth upgrade. 

But they've not included it, same tech as S10 for fingerprint. 

Rulre out that phone, no way I'm putting up with that again. 

0 Likes
Booboo
Apprentice
Options
Yep I have this problem too. Have deleted previous fingerprints and added new, so we will see.
0 Likes
FemmeBot
Student
Options

I been doing pin as well. It suddenly stopped working 1 week after a got it. Now after a year still broken. I followed exactly and pressed hard yet no vibration.  Then also made sure no greasy prints. Have you found a solution 

0 Likes