Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy s10 ultra sonic fingerprint

(Topic created on: 10-03-2019 08:41 PM)
Albann
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys, I received my galaxy s10 2 days ago and ive noticed something, At first the fingerprint sensor is slower and sometimes says "Press harder" or "Keep your finger on the sensor a little longer" however from the first day ive had it until now, the scanner seems to be working even faster so i think as time passes on the finger print sensor recognises your fingerprint more faster. Have you guys noticed this aswell?

Go to solution
60 REPLIES 60
Hackett
Voyager
Options
I watched on YouTube saying don't hold it on for long. Press it firm and lift off quick. It works for me. Must be down to the preinstalled screen protection
scotjock81
Explorer
Options

I set mines up whilst it was charging and it was fine but when I wasnt charging it would rarely work, makes sense really your thumb would be restricted by the cable, registered a second set without the cable, 100% success now

TheFallenApple
Student
Options

Yes I agree with you. I have a 10 plus  and I moved from iphone after 8 years. This scanner is pretty slow and does not work all the time  have to fiddle with it to get it working. Showed it to samsung employee but he was convinced it works fine. I thought it's my device that is faulty but it seems like lot of other users are having the same. Only 2 things sucks about this phone. Finger printer scanner and panorama photography. 

0 Likes
nee_m_d
Pioneer
Options

What's strange is that, for me, the fingerprint scanner almost never works when unlocking the phone but works most of the time to open apps or within apps. So. . I've switched to face recognition to unlock the phone and this works well and fast! 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@nee_m_d wrote:

What's strange is that, for me, the fingerprint scanner almost never works when unlocking the phone but works most of the time to open apps or within apps. So. . I've switched to face recognition to unlock the phone and this works well and fast! 

Same for me. Hardly ever works for unlocking but works nearly every time for Samsung Pay. I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch so have now set it up to unlock with a 'trusted device'.

Chrismartin1992
Explorer
Options

Mine works pretty well but is definitely not fool proof. It doesn't work me every now and then but isn't as bad as some of you who've posted.

Not sure about the person who said the S10 is faster than the S9. That's absolute drivel if you ask me. The S9 was the fastest there has ever  been and in a really sensible location too. Samsung have prioritised security and innovation with the S10 scanner I feel. As it's much less user friendly.

0 Likes
Solution
Hackett
Voyager
Options
Mine works fine on the lock screen . I watched on YouTube to scan say your right thumb a few times but at different angles and I got told if you hold it down too long then it plays up. So press firm and do it quick.
0 Likes
Gene21
Apprentice
Options

My S10 keeps saying press harder all the time I really can’t use it.

nee_m_d
Pioneer
Options

Same here! 

0 Likes
Hackett
Voyager
Options
Quick firm press the release it
0 Likes