Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy s10 ultra sonic fingerprint

(Topic created on: 05-04-2019 06:29 PM)
Albann
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys, I received my galaxy s10 2 days ago and ive noticed something, At first the fingerprint sensor is slower and sometimes says "Press harder" or "Keep your finger on the sensor a little longer" however from the first day ive had it until now, the scanner seems to be working even faster so i think as time passes on the finger print sensor recognises your fingerprint more faster. Have you guys noticed this aswell?

60 REPLIES 60
Wafcarl
Student
Options

It's not the delay that bothers me, if that's all it was I'd be delighted. 

It's the amount of times it doesn't read your fingerprint. Then constantly on the screen, press harder, press harder, until eventually it feels like you're gonna put your thumb through the device. 

@Fudgy31 wrote:

please tell me were not complaiing about milliseconds here?

0 Likes
Omar88x
Explorer
Options
Use facial recognition much quicket imo.
0 Likes
Jinjur
Navigator
Options

And about the least secure option EVER other than having no security.

0 Likes
Fudgy31
Pathfinder
Options

My S10+ is way faster than my S9+ and now its been replaced I get fantastic battery life.  #StillNoBuds

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@Fudgy31 wrote:

My S10+ is way faster than my S9+ and now its been replaced I get fantastic battery life.  #StillNoBuds

:face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@Wafcarl wrote:

It's not the delay that bothers me, if that's all it was I'd be delighted. 

It's the amount of times it doesn't read your fingerprint. Then constantly on the screen, press harder, press harder, until eventually it feels like you're gonna put your thumb through the device. 

@Fudgy31 wrote:

please tell me were not complaiing about milliseconds here?

@Fudgy31 :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Hackett
Voyager
Options

No dont press it that hard.

Do it firm and lift off quick.  Mines works well

0 Likes
nee_m_d
Pioneer
Options

@Wafcarl Same here. Most of the time I get '' no match'' until it tells me I have to wait 60 secs to try again. I have now registered my thumb as 4 separate fingerprints and it's slightly better, but I still get lots of '' no matches''. I'm even considering dumping this phone and going back to my S9 😞

S10p
First Poster
Options

I usually had the same issues then I tried deleting all prints and register 1 new print alternating between my thumbs and now it pick up pretty quick. Definitely faster and less finnicky.

0 Likes
Meerten
Apprentice
Options

Yea duh, the software has been updated last week

Specifically the fingerprint software

I wonder what they changed

I'm redoing the prints soon and see if it has improved, I suggest everyone here to do the same

Happy easter

0 Likes