Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Wearable App on S10 'Stuck'

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 02:07 PM)
Folacks
Explorer
Options

Hi everybody,

Received my Galaxy Active 2 today and I have been trying unsuccessfully to set up using the Galaxy wearbale app on my S10. 

I installed the app and on opening, it finds my watch. It goes through the sertup process, i give it all permissions, it installs the active plugins. Then it gets stuck on the "Congrats on your new Galaxy Watch Active 2" page where th eprivacy policy, end user license agreement and Call & text on other devices privacy notice is. I click on agree at the bottom right hand corner of the screen but absolutely nothing happens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app both from Google play store and Samsung store and no joy. 

Has anyone had this problem?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Folacks
Explorer
Options

For anyone interested, I had to do a factory reset of my S10!

It works now!

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Folacks ,

how strange! Have you tried to delete the app, restart the phone and re-download this to see if that makes any difference?

Folacks
Explorer
Options

Hi @TessM 

I certainly have. I have restarted my phone, and the watch. Uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything.

All permissions allowed. Just cannot get past the terms and conditions section. I can click the agree button but it does not take me to the next window to finalise setup.

I am stumped!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Do you have any other phone in your household to try to connect this to see if this is an issue with the app or if this is caused by the phone?

Folacks
Explorer
Options

I have my old S7, I will try it with that. Good suggestion. I will let you know how it goes!

Folacks
Explorer
Options

I have now tried with my S7 and it worked. It seems there's an issue with the Galaxy Wearable app and my S10. I really don't want to do a factory reset on my phone simply because of this one app but it seems I have no choice. Will be prety irritated if a factory reset does not end up solving the problem.

0 Likes
Solution
Folacks
Explorer
Options

For anyone interested, I had to do a factory reset of my S10!

It works now!

0 Likes
poweruser2008
First Poster
Options
Got the same problem on my s23 ultra. Want to avoid doing a factory reset. Any solutions?
0 Likes
Xeon443
Journeyman
Options

I had the same problem with connecting Galaxy Watch to Nothing Phone 1. It helped to install from the Internet an older version of the plugin the new one has some problems.

0 Likes