Support

Open search

Galaxy S10e back cover cracked

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi all,

My colleague at work just noticed a crack on the glass on the camera part, on the back of phone, out of nowhere. No falls, no pinches, no sitting on it. Really weird. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Can this be something cronical from the device build?

Hopefully not.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I've come across posts before from owners stating a crack has appeared on the camera lens , front or back screen @gestelitacp 

Cracks typically are a result of some kind of stress or impact.

Take it to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre and they'll assess the device.

They may however levy a charge as they may find this isn't covered under the manufacturing warranty.

If you have some form of standalone insurance or house contents insurance this may cover the device. 

T&C's and excess fee's would apply.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
First Poster

This is clearly a manufacturing/design defect.

Have the same issue, and have seen it online in other platforms.

My phone was not dropped, and has absolute no marks of being misstreated. And one day the glas from the back camera was cracked. The phone is barely a week old, this is NOT a case of missuse.

Highlighted
Apprentice
It was my friend's phone that had this issue, so I don't know how this stands now, but I'm pretty sure it is still how it was. It seems like there was pressure build up on the back cover, or something else wrong inside. The phone had never been dropped and was always taken good care of. I'll try to talk to somebody at Samsung, but I don't think there is a reported problem nor fix for this. Might be a small batch, but it's still a defect...
Highlighted
First Poster

By any chance have you got a S10+? 

Mine was repaired about 9 months ago after I had a motherboard failure and when they handed it back to me I noticed a crack in the camera glass which wasn't there before the repair... they repaired it and now it's happened again! 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Sorry to read that you are having trouble. 

I haven't seen this on any other device. For my friend it was on a S10e.

Highlighted

I have the same issue: a crack formed on the back cover and the phone did not get any kind of impact neither was dropped. It has a back cover protection that has no sign of impact either.

It definitely looks like a manufacturing defect.

I took it to a Samsung Service Center and they did not even assess the device, saying that the outside of the phone is not covered by manufacturing warranty.

I am very disappointed, did you manage to solve the issue?  

Highlighted
First Poster

Well i've been trying to talk with customer support about it, but it seems like their customer support is there just to deflect any responsability instead of actually giving support to customers.

we should all keep insisting, posting and spreading the word, they should not ignore this real issue.

Highlighted
First Poster

I've escalated this to Complaints team

Top Liked Authors