Support

Open search

Galaxy S10Plus Call recording

First Poster

To prove what was said  For example on a phone call to the utility company or any other business call where it's your word against theirs.

Apprentice

Have you tried this solution ? I meant use of a Thainland sim card, to pop up the recording feature ? Sounds a great solution, however weird.

If yes, do you know if a buy one simcard from there with some credits already in, Can I activate it being in Brazil ?

No luck on US S10+,  Google screwed us with Android 9.

Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

Try application ACR. Install it from Galaxy Store because because of Google's restrictions from version in Play cannot access contacts.

In the application change source to microphone and boost level to 15dB. I have no idea how it's possible but it works on my S10+. But I have Exynois version so I hope it'll work also for yours.

First Poster

Last year I was subject to racial abuse over the phone to an employment agency. To to make a complaint but nothing came of it. They denied it happened. Lack of evidence obviously. Just my word.  So yeah, if I had voice recording functionality, I'd use it.

First Poster

No that is not true, yes Google has removed required functions but still some other companies kept those functions back and they still have nstive call recording working on their phones. Example to that Vivo and Oppo.

I have vivo v11 pro and nex 2 and both has pie with call recording function natively installed with the new update.

Bottom line if Samsung want to activate call recording they can 

@Libb wrote:

Unfortunatelly the issue is not only for Samsung phones but for all phones with Android Pie because Google has removed required functions.

@Libb wrote:

Unfortunatelly the issue is not only for Samsung phones but for all phones with Android Pie because Google has removed required functions.

The only way how to record calls is root the device which is something I can't recommend.

The only way how to record calls is root the device which is something I can't recommend.

First Poster

No that is not true, yes Google has removed required functions but still some other companies kept those functions back and they still have nstive call recording working on their phones. Example to that Vivo and Oppo.

I have vivo v11 pro and nex 2 and both has pie with call recording function natively installed with the new update.

Bottom line if Samsung want to activate call recording they can 

@Libb wrote:

@Libb wrote:

First Poster

@Lochaos wrote:

Why would you want to record a phone call??

Cause many people lies and change their words specially at work so recording their calls come handy sometimes

Voyager

Ammamiro is right it’s not google who have taken the ability away it’s the google policy which Samsung have adhered too. 

However as mentioned in my earlier post I have the s8+ running Android Pie, I live in the UK and when I did the update I lost the recording feature I had using ACR Pro, I had to order a Thai sim to download Thai firmware which has installed the ability to use Samsung’s own in house call recorder which is actually quite good. What Google have done is try to block call recording altogether however in countries where it’s completely legal to record calls (and the UK is one of them) Samsung have not allowed this in any of their updates which is wrong as they have allowed it in Countries such as Thailand and Pakistan as examples. Samsung to keep customers happy should release software by Country allowing the feature if it’s legal to do so but they haven’t and it doesn’t look like they will.

First Poster

On my S-10 when I upgraded the call recorder it no longer recorded calls but I went back to the old version and it will record every call however it does not use the caller ID you have to manually go in there and add who you spoke to if you wish to keep a recording.Otherwise everything is still the same I did not have to go to root. I would not do that even if I knew how.the call recorder has come in handy lately when my elderly demented parents tell me they have not heard from me in a week and I say that's not true you don't remember but I have the call recorded because I got tired of arguing with them about these things simply because they didn't remember.

Top Liked Authors