Support

Open search

Galaxy S10+ bluetooth drops when connected to wireless charger in car

Highlighted

I have a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe with a factory Qi wireless charger installed in the vehicle.  I am able to connect my Galaxy S10+ (Verizon) to the car without issue, but when the phone is on the wireless charger, the bluetooth connection will randomly drop connection and I'll lose hands free talking until it reconnects.  This will happen periodically and repeatedly while the phone is in the charger.  This does not happen if I plug the phone in to a wired charger in the vehicle.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. I have validated the phone is on the most current update available (pushed on 9/4/19). 
  2. I have validated my vehicle software version is the latest and greatest with my dealership.
  3. I've done 2 factory resets to my phone to clear all settings and start fresh.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this?

2 REPLIES 2
Explorer

Hi, mate! 

I have the same issue and it seems that the wireless charging feature might affect the connectivity of a wireless connectivity like Bluetooth. Since the wireless charging feature are optimised to wirelessly charge your device. But in some instances, it can connect continiuosly depending on the car manufacturer. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted

I have the same issue.  In my case, I would consider it even more important.  I am a Type 1 diabetic, and my continuous glucose monitor connects to my phone via bluetooth.  Whenever I plug my phone in at night, I repeatedly lose connection to my monitor, which can be very dangerous for me.  I hope that at some point this can be fixed, as it doesn't appear to affect other phone manufacturers.

Top Liked Authors