Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10 Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 24-02-2019 05:27 PM)
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options

I've had the email prompting me to login to my upgrade program today to select the S10 model i want to go with.  I fully expect this won't go live until after the launch at 7pm UK time tonight.  However the only web address I can find for the upgrade program comes back with invalid loan number and/or surname when I try to login.  I was just trying to get ahead of the game and check all was working before going for the upgrade later tonight.

Can anyone advise what the correct link is for the UK Galaxy mobile upgrade program?  Can you also check if you get similar errors when trying to login, or is it just me?

Thanks.

345 REPLIES 345
Krilmor
Journeyman
Options

I got one with just the S9

0 Likes
Bamby2291
Journeyman
Options

So what is Samsung paying at everyone should get one then I always like Samsung had no problem with then if I had a problem they sorted it out but I really think they gave messed up big time why send vouchers out to some and then send them out after they already upgraded its mad

0 Likes
Krilmor
Journeyman
Options

I think some people in the marketing and sales teams may be having words lol

Ive decided to not bother upgrading, and I will write them an email and tell them why.

0 Likes
MB90
First Poster
Options

20190224_130957.jpg

0 Likes
Eric1812
Explorer
Options

Well I've contacted Klarna formerly Close Bros and cancelled my Upgrade within the 14 day period. I'm not loisinl out nearly £200. The Sales and Marketing team and Upgrade team need to meet up and sort out their mess. I cannot be alone in being very angry and conned by Samsung. Thankfully other quality Smart phones available who do treat you fairly. So much for being loyal with Samsung's TV and Washing machine well I'll look elsewhere now ...Sams Sam going to loose out more than me. I hope others follow suit!

EvilSmoothie
First Poster
Options

I have the S9+ and have received an invitigation to upgrade but no offer of £50 off. Therefore it doesn't appear that it's phone specific. I cannot figure out why some people are getting it and others are not. I also can't upgrade even I wanted to as the website is saying that I have already upgraded when I haven't. A reason why I haven't been offered the £50 voucher - maybe. I have however, quite randomly, had an email offering me free finance on a Note 9 - Strange timing! I spent 30 minutes waiting to get through to live chat who told me I need to email the zendesk support with a screenshot and they will reset my upgrade portal. I sent that 24 hours ago and am still waiting for a reply.

I intend to hold off and await the email, if it doesn't arrive then I will be looking at other phones. My S9+ still works perfectly and having checked the trade in Value on phone recycling websites they will give me more than enough to pay off my remaining finance on the upgrade program leaving me free to choose anything I want for my next phone.

I have a quick browse of the T&C's for the wireles earbuds yesterday and diddn't see anything that woud preclude people upgrading from getting them as long s they pre-order - But I don't like the uncertainty that is being given to other people via live chat. 

I have had 3 Samsung galaxy phones now - The S7, & S8 both had to be booked in for repairs. The S9 has been perfect to be fair, as I had told myself if the S9 needs a warranty repair then it will be my last. However with the service Samsung offers I am very close to switching over to Apple. My OH uses iPhones and has never had anything but excepitional service from apple. 

My future with galaxy phones certainly sits with what Samsung do in the coming days about all of this. 

0 Likes
mikeoscar
Student
Options

I personally am grateful that Samsung messed up the upgrade process as it has given me more time to look at reviews of the S10+. Turns out the cameras on it is only as good as last year's Huawei P20 Pro. When Huawei release their P30 Pro this year its going to beat the S10+ badly. As cameras are the main reason I buy high end handsets I shall wait for the P30 Pro and saying goodbye to Samsung after being with them since the Galaxy S3. 

I couldnt care less about this mess with the upgrade program or the vouchers and earbuds to be honest. It's just a phone and I can happily wait until they sort it out (unlike most people on here it seems.) I will not be leaving Samsung because of their poor customer service but rather because they have become lazy in the smartphone space and are just not innovating any more. Companies like Xiaomi, Oppo and Huawei are going to release far more exciting products this year.

0 Likes
Hayhome70
Apprentice
Options

I've had exactly the same problem emailed samsung shop and theyhave replied saying they will reset my upgrade lounge but nothing yet.

0 Likes
Lovell100
Journeyman
Options

Exactly, the S10 looks like an incremental upgrade at best, Samsung are now "doing an Apple" by copying features that already exist on other phones and charging huge prices.  The innovation seems to have gone.  I have cancelled my S10 order and will be looking at the P30 as my next phone.

0 Likes
blades10
Apprentice
Options

Hi Everyone,

I've just tried to cancel my order for the S10 (used the upgrade program) after all this mess but I've now been told by Samsung that it is too late & that I will now have to refuse delivery when it arrives & so they can't confirm when I will get my £79 back. Can they do anything right?

0 Likes