Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10+ Camera's Flash Goes Gray When Used

(Topic created on: 01-08-2019 09:48 AM)
alex_kasabov
Student
Options

Have you noticed, or probably I have a particular problem with my S10+, while taking either a photo, or a video, when using the flash, the shot appears all greyish and the quality seems blurry and poor. I tried contacting Samsung and using Safe Mode, but nothing works out.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If no case etc is hindering the camera it maybe an idea to take the phone to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for a diagnostic.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Have you done a Hardware test on your phone yet, @alex_kasabov ?

• On your dial-pad type in *#0*#
  • Select Mega Cam for the back camera
  • Take a photo as you normally would.

Is the issue still there, if so, I'd suggest taking your phone to a Support Centre as @BandOfBrothers has suggested! 

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Solution
lukvad
First Poster
Options

I FOUND OUT THE REASON FOR OUR PROBLEM. Camera protection (I bought it on amazon). After some time maybe it moved little bit or there was some air between phone surface and the foil. If anyone put camera foil protection on his phone and have this issue, just take it out and put new one properly. 

alex_kasabov
Student
Options

Exactly! I realised it about 8 months ago, but had totally forgotten to mention it in the comment section. Thank you for the thorough response!

0 Likes
haroonpir
Student
Options

Hi, My  samsung A9 phone couldn't be power off without given the password before the last security update for samsung A9. That feature was very useful when it is stolen the phone.How can I set it back?

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

@haroonpir wrote:

Hi, My samsung A9 phone couldn't be power off without given the password before the last security update for samsung A9. That feature was very useful when it is stolen the phone.How can I set it back?

Your question doesn't relate to the original one. But that option is available after you restarted your phone Before you have entered your password for the first time. 

Now if your phone is stolen and you need to keep it from being powered off you can from findmymobile for samsung (https://findmymobile.samsung.com) then when your phone is located select lock. When you lock your phone from findmymobile your phone can no longer be powered off without the password.Bottom: Lock power off- prevent others from Turning off your phoneBottom: Lock power off- prevent others from Turning off your phone

0 Likes
Sabsmom
First Poster
Options

Thank u thank u thank u!!!!!! After HOURS of trouble shooting with samsung reps..tryinf everything in the world to fix my smokey looking photos when using flash, it was the tiny plastic protector i put on the camera lens that was like 1mm to much on the flash! Omg thank u!!!!!

0 Likes
CervantesV01
First Poster
Options

Omg, I bought this phone used and it was in great condition and at first I thought that I got scammed because it was really hard to notice and I wasn't trying to scratch my lens.  I thought the phone came that way but it really is a just a piece of plastic that just goes over the lens. Didn't even notice it. Lol, I was so relieved 😌 when I finally figured it out. This is what mine looked like.

1634550729195662018742761522025.jpg

0 Likes