Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update s10 5g

(Topic created on: 18-03-2020 05:08 AM)
Novak82
First Poster
Options

I've got s10 5g on Vodafone UK, my wife has got the same phone but on EE. Couple of days ago she received latest software update, I am still waiting for it. Is that normal and vary from network to network? 

Also under seetings-> software update, I cannot see an option "auto download on Wi-Fi", it is available on my wife's phone. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Novak82 

With branded phones i.e phones that have been supplied by a network they have their own flavour of the software and CsC on them.

Networks prefer to test these firmwares before letting Samsung send them out to their branded phones to try and limit any clashes between the new firmware and their network services.

Vodafone UK has a firmware Statement which says they wont discuss schedules and provides further info on why here 》Firmware-Explained. 

Also as they use their own flavour of firmware then certain features may not be on the phone.

The Samsung Note 10+ the I'm using was bought directly from Samsung so the setting is on mine.

Screenshot_20200318-050412_Settings.jpg

It might be worth popping into a Vodafone Highstreet Store and take a look at their working retail demo models to see if the setting is on them !

However you can obviously still manually check for software updates in the phones settings section.

And you can try the Samsung Smartswitch software to see if it will update that way.

Updates are sent out in waves dependant on serial and build numbers and timescales can differ to wether the phone is branded or unbranded.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes