Support

Open search

Finger print reader not working properly / touch screen not turning off when on a call / Bixby issues

Highlighted
First Poster

Love my samsung S10 plus but the finger print reader takes approx 3 - 4 attempts to unlock the phone. I have tried various settings but still doesnt fix the issue.

My biggest problem with the phone is that when im on a phonecall and have the phone to my ear, the touch screen doesnt turn off. This is a massive pain because I end up putting calls on hold or mute with my ear. Ive changed the sensitivity settings but this does not help and especially with my above issue, it makes that worse!!

Third issue I have is with Bixby. I understand this is built into the phone and you are unable to remove the software but I wish I could. Even when my phone is locked the Bixby symbol will show up and then start typing a converstaion Im having. Ive turned bixby off but it keeps coming back on! I know we are in a high tech world but big brother is always watching and I wish I could keep my privacy how i would like it.

I am a big samsung fan so please samsung whats the fix? ;-)

2 REPLIES 2
Navigator

@CharlieTwiggy wrote:

Love my samsung S10 plus but the finger print reader takes approx 3 - 4 attempts to unlock the phone. I have tried various settings but still doesnt fix the issue.

My biggest problem with the phone is that when im on a phonecall and have the phone to my ear, the touch screen doesnt turn off. This is a massive pain because I end up putting calls on hold or mute with my ear. Ive changed the sensitivity settings but this does not help and especially with my above issue, it makes that worse!!

Third issue I have is with Bixby. I understand this is built into the phone and you are unable to remove the software but I wish I could. Even when my phone is locked the Bixby symbol will show up and then start typing a converstaion Im having. Ive turned bixby off but it keeps coming back on! I know we are in a high tech world but big brother is always watching and I wish I could keep my privacy how i would like it.

Factory reset it and setup as NEW and dont restore apps backed up as they bring old settings too.

install new apps and settings. If the same resukts fike for a warranty repair or exchange.

Ive had more than 11 yrs experience with related issues and is my suggested solution.

Navigator

@StellarTraveler wrote:

@CharlieTwiggy wrote:

Factory reset it and setup as NEW and dont restore apps backed up as they bring old settings too.

install new apps and settings. If the same resukts fike for a warranty repair or exchange.

Ive had more than 11 yrs experience with related issues and is my suggested solution.

Did you try and turned off block accidental touches in display settings ?