Support

Open search

Facebook Notifications Quiet

Explorer

Hi all

Notifications on Facebook seem to be really quiet. Have tried playing with settings, changed the notification sounds, deleted and reinstalled updates and still can't fix this. I have even reset all settings to default and this didn't work either. Has anyone else got this issue and found a fix please ? 

28 REPLIES 28
DannyT Moderator
Hi there, @spirit979. Let's get to the bottom of this for you.

Could we first just check that this is the only app you are having issues with? Are all your apps (especially Facebook) completely up to date?

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Explorer

@DannyT wrote:
Hi there, @spirit979. Let's get to the bottom of this for you.

Could we first just check that this is the only app you are having issues with? Are all your apps (especially Facebook) completely up to date?

Hi Danny

Only seems to be Facebook, and yes the app is up to date as I deleted all the updates and reinstalled them. 

Navigator

I have the same issue but ALSO for WhatsApp- since 2 apps are affected and they are FB-owned this could be a FB problem in general (wonder if people are having issues with Instagram since thay is also FB owned? I don't have it so wouldn't know)

Explorer

@cara1 wrote:

I have the same issue but ALSO for WhatsApp- since 2 apps are affected and they are FB-owned this could be a FB problem in general (wonder if people are having issues with Instagram since thay is also FB owned? I don't have it so wouldn't know)

I'm not getting an issue with WhatsApp....only Facebook as far as I can tell. Don't use Instagram either. 

Voyager

Same here with Facebook , all notifications set to sound but when I got a notification on Facebook it just vibrated with no sound 

Explorer

Any update on assistance with this Danny ?

First Poster

I'm having the same problem with Facebook and Instagram! All apps and that are up to date, Instagram I get no notification sounds where Facebook is extremely quiet! 

I've made sure all Samsung apps are up to date and uninstalled both Facebook and Instagram, redownloaded both of them and it's still the same. Any help would be grateful 

I don't get any notifications at all for Facebook, but I do for WhatsApp and Instagram 

First Poster
Same problem for me. Any fix?
Top Liked Authors