Support

Open search

European SIM card only S10

First Poster

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy s10 from Finland, which is labeled European SIM card only.
I intend to use the phone in North Macedonia. Does European SIM only means that I can use the phone only in European Union countries only, or is it geographically Europe, so I can use it in North Macedonia as well?
If the latter is not the case, how do I activate the phone for use in North Macedonia? 

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

It means the phone is released for that market @nikolapopovski8 

It will also be Region Locked.

in order to remove the region lock a local sim card will need to be used in the phone in the country of origin and at least 10 minutes of calls made.

If the phone was bought directly from Samsung then it will be unlocked go all networks and accept any sim but the region lock will need removing ~ see above info on that. 

If it was bought from a network then it wont probably be unlocked to all networks and will need the network that supplied it to unlock it to all networks.

Other issues connected to importing a phone is slow updates, possible manufacturing warranty issues and some features such as Samsung Pay may not work.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

Wrong! If you do not know what you are talking about, stop making false statements!

European SIM card means you can use any sim card from an European network, not only EU, but all Europe! You do not have to use the sim from the same country where you bought the phone from, but from the same region, here meaning Europe!

Country != Region!!

Navigator

You can use the phone as long as you have an European sim card, any network from any country on this continent/region: Europe. IT will work with, let's say, USA networks only after you make an at least 10 minute call using this European network sim card.

In your case, Macedonia is in Europe, so it will work no matter the fact tha is not European Union...that does not matter.

And warranty is valid in your country as long as you have the printed or electronic receipt of the purchase.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@roastedwookie wrote:

Wrong! If you do not know what you are talking about, stop making false statements!

European SIM card means you can use any sim card from an European network, not only EU, but all Europe! You do not have to use the sim from the same country where you bought the phone from, but from the same region, here meaning Europe!

Country != Region!!

First i expect the same courtesy I show others on this community forum which thankfully is forthcoming from most members.

If you don't agree with my advice then that's good as everyone has their own opinion but there is no need to be disrespectful.

It's advice from fellow customers here on this particular thread and not Samsung so the OP can elect to act upon it or not and or contact their own countries Samsung Service Centre for official clarification.

I wish you well and have a great day. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Galaxy-S10e-EU-SIM-Only/td-p/1151866

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/Europeana-sim-card-only/td-p/809735

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hi all.

Over the years I've found that there are good and bad ways to correct people: one results in a "Cheers, mate! " and the other results in at least one person wanting to punch you in the face. 

For anyone who's curious, Samsung's 'Visit Your Location' page here lists which region a particular country/Samsung subsidiary falls under. Reckon someone should do a world-map type graphic of it though...

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors