Support

Open search

Edge lighting

Apprentice

Why does my edge lighting not work on lock screen when receiving a WhatsApp message 

56 REPLIES 56
Apprentice

Had this issue earlier. Go into settings in WhatsApp and make sure all notifications are on as well as lighting 

Apprentice

What do you mean when you say all? As there setting in there that shows preview of message which I don't want! I just want edge light when I receive a whatsapp

Explorer

Is WhatsApp permitted in the Edge Lighting options?

This should be in Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Lighting > Manage notifications. 

Apprentice

Yes I've applied this but still no luck. Do your edge light appear when on the lock screen, when you receive a WhatsApp?

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have the same issue. Ive yet to see the edge lighting for any app work. The lighting  itself works when i check it in settings but wont show when i recieve an email or WhatsApp message or any other notifications .

Apprentice

Ino I don't no if it's a phone fault or not! I'm sure mine was working at first, but now isn't! Only way I can get it to work is with an app.

Apprentice

I can confirm edge lighting for WhatsApp works on my device. I had to open WhatsApp and go settings and notifications and turn on allow all pop ups and chose my light colour. 

Apprentice

Yeah but when you get a message you get a big preview don't you with a big box and what the messages says? I just want my edge lighting to come on with little logo when phone locked like message do

First Poster

Hey guys, same issue.. I just want the light to turn on while the screen is locked.  When I turn on all notification in message and group, I get this big preview screen when i turn the phone back on.  I don't want that.  I hope there is a solution..

Top Liked Authors