Support

Open search

Edge lighting again

Highlighted
Voyager

Hi all has there been any news on the edge lighting fix from Samsung as none of my email ,message and WhatsApp will work with the screen on or off. I've tried 3rd party apps but just too messy to control.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Navigator

My edge lighting works, however, only when the screen is on and somehow only for whatsapp. When the screen is off, I'm not getting any edge lighting. This is just really frustrating. Not even a basic feature is working on the S10. Shame on you Samsung.

Highlighted
Voyager

@chainfiree wrote:

My edge lighting works, however, only when the screen is on and somehow only for whatsapp. When the screen is off, I'm not getting any edge lighting. This is just really frustrating. Not even a basic feature is working on the S10. Shame on you Samsung.

Yes mines the same WhatsApp only  when the screen is open but I have found this app works well.Screenshot_20190319-223750_One UI Home.jpg

Highlighted
Voyager

@chainfiree wrote:

@chainfiree wrote:

Yes mines the same WhatsApp only  when the screen is open but I have found this app works well.Screenshot_20190319-223750_One UI Home.jpg

Highlighted
Navigator

I have requested this change everytime we've had a new phone and OS but I always get the same response.

Turn on the stupid notifications in WhatsApp that starts a reply box and it will work...

No thanks, I wan't it to work with the same notifications as messages...

Samsung devs just need to make it work (of course they never will, I don't think they listen to me really)

Highlighted
Explorer

Thank God this was not just me. 

I receive edge lighting ONLY on Snapchat. Don't know why though. I have managed to get WhatsApp edge lighting to work by activatibg "Pop-up Notifications" When screen is off. But this isn't perfect as when you receive a text, when you unlock it always fills your screen with a pop up reply bubble. Not perfect, but something.

Highlighted
Voyager
Give the edge lighting app ago ,its quite good
Top Liked Authors