Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document scan

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 08:20 PM)
Adibordoy
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all

Can someone please explain how to get document scan to work on the S10 camera I've tried everything and it doesn't recognise that it is a document?

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Scene optimiser needs to be on, I know that much. Works for me occasionally but it's really hit and miss. I recommend Adobe Scan personally.

Adibordoy
Pathfinder
Options
Scene optimiser is on, it's never worked for me?
Thank you for the reply
Adrian
Solution
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Is "Document scan" on If you go to the camera, click the cog in top left corner and click "Scene Optimiser"?

0 Likes
Adibordoy
Pathfinder
Options

Kind of working now

Thanks

0 Likes
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options
Glad to hear it.
ddep
First Poster
Options

No matter how many times I open and close the camera, or turn scene optimizer on or switch document scanner on or off, It will only work sometimes!  How can I activate it manually or guarantee it will work. I scan two pages of a 5 page book and it stop. It happens often this way.

nauticas
First Poster
Options
It does work, but you'd need to set the document above a background with enough contrast, ie black vs white doc. It doesn't even need to be dark (it can be green, blue or any solid color), only enough difference with the foreground object being scanned and in particular, the camera system needs to recognize the edges.
ChazNChg
First Poster
Options

Make sure Motion photo is off.

0 Likes
Olib1
Student
Options

I'm still having major issues getting my document scanner function to work. It used to work all the time,  but since last few updates, my S10 won't offer document scan under any circumstance. Very annoying, as was a great feature.

I have the Scene Optimiser on and the Motion Photo off.

Suggest Document Scanner is offered as a manual selection under 'More' camera modes selector, on bottom of camera screen. Any suggestions?