Support

Open search

Differences between European dual SIM models: UK, PT, IT, DE, ES

First Poster

Hi all,

Looking where best to purchase an s10. I live in Portugal but travel to the UK a lot hence wanting a dual SIM version, so I can put a UK SIM in as well as a PT SIM.

Looking at the different amazon site prices across europe amazon.it is selling the the s10 the cheapest right now at 750 euros

Would there be any reason not to buy an Dual SIM s10 from a different EU country?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Sometimes an imported phone won't support options such as Samsung Pay.

That and when a phone is purchased elsewhere its advised to make up to 10 minutes of calls using a local sim card in that country to remove the Region Lock Samsung has on their phones. 

If the Region Lock isn't removed then it wont accept a sim card in another country.

This is in place to stop grey imports.

To add I've come across some people  who have imported a phone from one country to use in theirs and then have had few firmware and security Patch updates as it's the country of origin that sends out the actual update.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Thanks for the reply. I hope that is not the case inside the EU for EU models. Under EU rules for freedom of movement of goods and services a region lock of this type I believe would be illegal. 

I will contact samsung directly yo answer the question.

i dont think that amazon has the lowest price look at this (greek) site f.e.

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/17444870/Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Dual-128GB.html

Amazon prices are higher than Ebay. I don't know why so many people buy from Amazon - probably because of the advertising.
Navigator

@ScorpioUSA wrote:
Amazon prices are higher than Ebay. I don't know why so many people buy from Amazon - probably because of the advertising.

I'm Prime and I buy somethings like a device, because if I don't like it or something is wrong I can send it right back.

I've ordered devices before I wasn't quite sure I would like and I didn't. Back it went and my money came right back to me. I got my S10 plus off Amazon, cost me $725, as I got % fro using the Amazon card.

Top Liked Authors