Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD Notification

(Topic created on: 08-03-2019 02:10 PM)
bwestwood
Pioneer
Options

So the time is nearly upon us! 

24 hours until people should start receiving those lovely DPD email and texts to let us know the phones are on the way..

As abit of fun I set this topic up so people can share the time they get their notification that there device is shipping to them, just abit of fun 🙂

So when you get your delivery heads up, let us all know here!

150 REPLIES 150
markd66
Journeyman
Options

Having had my despatch notification yesterday, I checked DPD this morning and the package is at my local depot. All good. Just checked again and it's now saying that it will be delivered on Monday! And no option to switch to pickup from depot (which I could do as I have to drive within 3 miles of the depot on the way home).

This is exactly what happened the last time I pre-ordered directly with Samsung. The "next-day" promise turned into "two working days" delivery. 

I mean, how can the same s**t happen to the same guy twice!

Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

I thought the cable would be faster, didnt really appear to be and dont forget you cant fast charge either phone whilst using the cable.  Mine was interrupted with a call, then low battery and had to completely reset phone.

I think restoring from the cloud (Google or Samsung) is best unless you are moving from another platform.

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@Beershark wrote:

I thought the cable would be faster, didnt really appear to be and dont forget you cant fast charge either phone whilst using the cable.  Mine was interrupted with a call, then low battery and had to completely reset phone.

I think restoring from the cloud (Google or Samsung) is best unless you are moving from another platform.

Am sure it says in the instructions for the app to make sure there is a good charge on the phone before starting?

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Anyone that is due to have a delivery tomorrow received any further notification from Samsun or DPD? All I have received is a text yesterday from Samsung advising that delivery will be on Saturday, and confirmed by a telephone call to Samsung as well.

0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

Indeed, but mine took 2 hours just now to swap.  I used the wifi connection rather than cable so I could keep both on charge.

Both got hot so dont leave on leather sofa's etc.

Also, had a call come in on the S10 during transfer, took the call then the transfer continued which was a relief!

Enjoy your new phone guys!

0 Likes
maazkhan98
Explorer
Options

Same. Havent recieved any update. Rang samsung. They said 100% tommorow. I got a feeling wont get it until Monday

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Yeah can't see it being on a saturday but we'll see I guess! Won't be happy if it slips until Monday, especially as there is no-one home on Monday at all!

0 Likes
maazkhan98
Explorer
Options
Frustrating. I shouldnt have even preordered it. I could have just picked it up from the trafford store. Dont think i will ever order again
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@lisafox16 wrote:

Anyone that is due to have a delivery tomorrow received any further notification from Samsun or DPD? All I have received is a text yesterday from Samsung advising that delivery will be on Saturday, and confirmed by a telephone call to Samsung as well.

No further confirmations for me... except the 'Sorry your samsung parcel is delayed in transit' message.    Hoping it turns up tomorrow and that they are able to provide live tracking data... i have plans during Saturday with the kids, and not able to sit in all day again to wait for a parcel.   

Lisa, did you genuinely get a compensation £50 voucher offer from customer services due to delays ?  I have tried to ring them but no answer... I have sent an email detailing the problems but no reply.    In their defense, they are probably inundated with complaints about failed S10 deliveries... Samsung buds requests...  and other issues... so I don't want to add to their misery as they are just trying to do a job... 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Didn't ask for anything. Just complained that I had booked today off and hadn't received any notification about delivery. She said she would call back with an update which she did about an hour later. Confirmed I should receive an email from Samsung and a text from DPD confirming delivery for tomorrow (which I haven't received) and said I would receive a £50 voucher (which I have already) for my inconvenience.