Go to solution Solved

Contacts and calendar in Exchange not synced

(Topic created on: 16-06-2019 07:46 AM)
Dynamitten
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have got a strange problem with my new S10+ which replaces my S9

I am  not able to sync my contacts and calendar from Exchange. Mail works fine, and the calendar and contacts syns are enabled.

If I go to Settings - Accounts - Exchange account - Synchronize account, I have a (!) sign at Contacts and Calendar and the message:

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

This is and was not a problem on my S9

Any clue about that?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Manuel2485
Student
Options

I have the exact same issue with my new S10.

Any Hints?

Regards

Manuel

0 Likes
Solution
Dynamitten
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I managed to find a solution:

Try go to Settings - Apps - Gmail

Make sure all permissions are on - incl storage

If that is not enough, also try Google Calendar and contacts.

Manuel2485
Student
Options

Great that solved the issue! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

Regards

Manuel

0 Likes
ashopper
First Poster
Options

This is not fixed for me.  What other solutions are there ..i look in my contacts and the person's contact is not there.  i go into texts and his contact info is there.  I open the contact and it says it is saved in Samsung Account even though my default storage is Exchange.  I have attempted to Sync and i have attempted to import contact to  capture the missing contact.  It is not working.

KeithJF
Student
Options

I have same problem.  I have checked all permissions as suggested earlier but Outlook contacts still wont import.  When I look at the settings in Contacts on my S10, the 'Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync' is coloured Organge.  Is that important?

KeithJF
Student
Options
As a work around, I created Export file from old S7 and imported in my S10. But need fix for issue please
0 Likes
Placenet
First Poster
Options

Nothing seem to work but it is finally working for me.

I went in setting and stop all synch in my google account. 

After I went to Microsoft Exchange Activesynch and disconnect and reconnect the calendar

The logo on side dissapeared and I went to look on calendar app and I ask to synch from there. It was working.

I went to my Google account and synch back everything like it was initially.

It seem to be working perfectly now.

0 Likes
DJSomers
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with my new Galaxy s10. It will not sync with my Galaxy Tab S4 Samsung Calendar which is my default calendar for both devices. I don't use a Google email address. I use one from Spectrum, an old Time Warner email, that ends with

@triad.rr.com     I keep getting the "invalid email" error message. Can anyone help? I am using the Optimized power setting that some have referred to and auto sync is turned on for both devices. I don't know what to do. The Tab S4 and my old Galaxy s7  did not have any problem.

Thanks!

0 Likes
DJSomers
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone help? I still can't find a way to sync my default Samsung Calendar on my Galaxy s10 to my Galaxy Tab s4. I may be forced to use the Google Calendar which I do not like.  😞

0 Likes