Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Clicking sound when locking/unlocking

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 12:57 PM)
headbank
Student
Options

So this is bugging me a bit:

Whenever I lock (by button) or unlock (by pattern or fingerprint) my S10 5G, I can hear a faint but noticeable mechanical click or latching sort of sound. I thought at first it might be a sound-effect but the more times I hear it I'm sure it is physical. It's a little bit like the sound a hard-drive makes when parking (or maybe crashing) its heads.

It doesn't bother me in itself (unless I suddenly need to call the cops while ninjas are creeping round my house in the night lol) but it's weird as I thought the device was all solid-state. Is it normal, or should I be worried? The phone was brand-new from Samsung and has done this from the get-go.

Do they all make a sound like this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Deano89
Navigator
Options

Go to settings> sounds and vibration> system sounds and vibration and turn off screen lock sound.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Deano89
Navigator
Options

Go to settings> sounds and vibration> system sounds and vibration and turn off screen lock sound.

headbank
Student
Options
Thank you! I was so sure there was an actual physical lock clicking open and shut ... says a lot for the quality of the audio on this phone I guess lol.
Jonic89
First Poster
Options

Hi, although this does work, I'm pretty sure it's a problem because I just got the S20 and for the first few days it was fine and suddenly out of nowhere yesterday the annoying sound occurred. Mine is less of a click and more of a squeak. Should I get this checked out? Thanks 

Members_gQcQfLh
Student
Options

I totally thought it was a tiny power relay inside this humungous S7 tablet. I only have other older Sammy devices, but I got a new phone today, and it made me google this. Excellent user special effect, had me fooled.

0 Likes