Support

Open search

Claiming Galaxy Buds with S9

Apprentice

Hi, I am in a fairly rare situation, as I have relatives in the US and so plan to buy an S10 and have it shipped to them, so they can bring it to me in the UK when they come over to visit. They won't be here until after 8th April so I wouldn't be able to claim the free galaxy buds by the time they came and I opened it. I was wondering if I could use a different Samsung phone to claim the buds if my relatives sent me a picture with the IMEI, as I'd prefer to open the phone and set it up myself, but obviously want to claim the buds. Also if anyone knows anything that may not work in the UK with a US model, I would appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @BigChungus 

Sounds all a bit complicated. 

Personally I'd just order from here in the UK and have done with it. 

You would need to check the T&C's in regards to the promotional offer regarding the Buds Which are for the Samsung Galaxy s10 phones only.

preorder.

In regards to possible issues with a grey import scenario are apps like Samsung Pay and Manufacturing warranty being applicable.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Terms and conditions also has a participating retailer list here in the UK. 

In scenarios like this, if you are buying from the US, only US promotions apply. 

UK RETAILERS: A1 Comms, Amazon.co.uk, AO.com, Argos, Brighthouse, BT, BT Shop, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Currys PC World, e2save.co.uk, EE, GiffGaff, ID Mobile, Jersey Telecom, John Lewis, Littlewoods, Manx Telecom, Mobile Phones Direct, Mobiles.co.uk, Onecom, O2, Samsung Experience Store, Samsung Shop Online, Selfridges, Sky, Sure, Tesco Mobile, The Smartphone Company, Three, Vodafone, Very, Virgin Mobile, Aerial Communications, Computacenter, Daisy Telecom, Insight, Voice Mobile, XMA.

Apprentice

@RossRoss wrote:

Terms and conditions also has a participating retailer list here in the UK. 

In scenarios like this, if you are buying from the US, only US promotions apply. 

UK RETAILERS: A1 Comms, Amazon.co.uk, AO.com, Argos, Brighthouse, BT, BT Shop, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Currys PC World, e2save.co.uk, EE, GiffGaff, ID Mobile, Jersey Telecom, John Lewis, Littlewoods, Manx Telecom, Mobile Phones Direct, Mobiles.co.uk, Onecom, O2, Samsung Experience Store, Samsung Shop Online, Selfridges, Sky, Sure, Tesco Mobile, The Smartphone Company, Three, Vodafone, Very, Virgin Mobile, Aerial Communications, Computacenter, Daisy Telecom, Insight, Voice Mobile, XMA.

Thanks but I'm not sure I understand your answer, does that mean I can't claim the buds in the UK if the phone is bought in the US?

Apprentice

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @BigChungus 

Sounds all a bit complicated. 

Personally I'd just order from here in the UK and have done with it. 

You would need to check the T&C's in regards to the promotional offer regarding the Buds Which are for the Samsung Galaxy s10 phones only.

preorder.

In regards to possible issues with a grey import scenario are apps like Samsung Pay and Manufacturing warranty being applicable.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Thanks, I want to get from the US because it would save over £100 but as far as I could tell from the T&C's I should be able to claim them as long as I have the IMEI which could be found on the hox, I just wanted to be sure. I'll have a look with Samsung Pay and the warranty, thanks for the help

First Poster

Yes you can't claim from the UK if you bought the phone in US as these retailers are UK based only. Check the US promos and redemption guidelines instead. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

@RossRoss wrote:

Yes you can't claim from the UK if you bought the phone in US as these retailers are UK based only. Check the US promos and redemption guidelines instead. 

Well you claim it through the Samsung members app, so I assumed that Samsung would just ship them straight to my relatives and they could send or bring them over. I am buying the phone directly from Samsung so as that is based in both countries would it still not work?

Top Liked Authors