Support

Open search

Can i turn off the start up and system UI notifications, without turning off text alert sounds? If not, why not?🀬

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Every time i turn on my phone or get a system UI notification it uses my text alert sound. Just got my S10 a couple of months ago after upgrading from my S6, which I've had for last 4 years. On all my previous phones you could choose to differentiate the notifications sounds or turn it off altogether. I can't find this option anywhere! Can i turn off the start up sound off? If not, why not? It's getting  to the point where i just want to launch my phone at the wall every time it happens!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator
@Twodogs: If you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sounds and Vibration > Screen Lock Sound > Off, this should stop your S10 from chiming when you turn on your screen. The notification sound you choose here (Sounds and Vibration > Notifications) will be your general system notification option, however to add a custom notification sound to a specific app please go to Settings > Apps > Select App > Notifications > General Notifications > Sound.
First Poster

Thank you so, so much! This worked a treat! Sanity restored!😌

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL Moderator
@Twodogs: If you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sounds and Vibration > Screen Lock Sound > Off, this should stop your S10 from chiming when you turn on your screen. The notification sound you choose here (Sounds and Vibration > Notifications) will be your general system notification option, however to add a custom notification sound to a specific app please go to Settings > Apps > Select App > Notifications > General Notifications > Sound.
First Poster

Thank you so, so much! This worked a treat! Sanity restored!😌

Top Liked Authors