Support

Open search

Bluetooth cuts off as soon as device locks

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Spotify stops playing through any bluetooth speakers as soon as the s10+ goes to sleep.

Starts again as soon as you loft the phone

Disabled battery optimisation for spotify. No change 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

I had the same issue on my S9 following the One UI update when it kept stopping Deezer then when unlocked it started gain.

It's down to the sleeping apps function, so when screen turns off then the operating system puts the app to sleep.

If you go to device care -> battery -> 3 dots top right, then 'sleeping apps' option. Remove spotify from list and all should be good.

7 REPLIES 7
Explorer

I had the same issue on my S9 following the One UI update when it kept stopping Deezer then when unlocked it started gain.

It's down to the sleeping apps function, so when screen turns off then the operating system puts the app to sleep.

If you go to device care -> battery -> 3 dots top right, then 'sleeping apps' option. Remove spotify from list and all should be good.

Troubleshooter

@Gazza4 wrote:

Spotify stops playing through any bluetooth speakers as soon as the s10+ goes to sleep.

Starts again as soon as you loft the phone

Disabled battery optimisation for spotify. No change 

Sorry can’t help on this one, I have no issues when screen locks. Good luck 

Troubleshooter

@Richmar83 wrote:

It's down to It the sleeping apps function so when screen turned off then it put the app to sleep.

Just had a look, think that will solve the issue. 👍 put Spotify on the list, turned off on lock screen, removed from list all back as before. Good shout out. 

First Poster

This did not solve the issue 

Observer

I've seen on another thread if you go into settings and search for 'optimise battery usage' and select it from the top of the menu, then select 'all' and deselect the bluetooth. 

I had the same problem and have nust found this method, haven't tried it out yet but am optimistic as its doing my head in! 

Explorer

The method I posted before resolved it for me. I've just looked and Bluetooth is included on my Optimise Battery Listing (so is set to powersave), and i don't have the dropout issue anymore. 

Observer

Hmm, I had a look at that menu and spotify wasn't there on mine 💁‍♂️ God knows, I'll see what happens tomorrow fingers crossed it won't cut out 😂

Top Liked Authors