Support

Open search

Bluetooth S10+ won't pair with anything ( not just car)

Observer

I had same issue after transfering data from another android phone couldnt conenct any headphones. I reset to factory then transfered data again from old device and then all was okay.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I Have an S10 and it wont detect my BMW F30 2015 model, nothing showing in the list to pair with. My s7 edge worked fine and the S10 seems to pair with other stuff OK. Also tried resetting the connections as they were all migrated using the smart switch app. Firmware in BMW is on the latest version, checked using VIN number on BMW website.

Apprentice

Here the answer from MINI. As suspected. Annoyingly for me I had just made the leap to dump my iPhone so I cant believe my bad luck that out of the small amount of cars that wont connect mine is one of them. Anyway what's done is done and I've made the commitment to it now so hopefully they will release the fix sooner rather than  later......

Good afternoon Zoe

Thanks for getting in touch about connecting your new Samsung S10e to your MINI.

I'm afraid that as this phone has only just been released, our Product Team haven't been able to adapt the technology for our cars yet.

I'm confident that this will happen in the near future, but I'm afraid I don't have a definitive time frame for this, and there isn't a software update that can be applied right now.

I can only recommend keeping an eye on our Compatibility Checker, as any newly added phones will show up there.

The MINI Bluetooth Compatibility Checker is currently under maintenance, but the BMW one will work just as well - you can find it here: http://bit.ly/2DlIaz4

I'm sorry I can't give you better news, but if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Thanks

Rob
The MINI UK Social Media Team

First Poster

Neither my new s10+ nor my wife's will pair with my wife's 2018 BMW but they pair fine with my 2016 Toyota tundra. I haven't experienced any other Bluetooth issues. Earbuds, speakers, galaxy watch all pair and work fine.

She will be returning the s10+ if we can't get it paired in her bmw. She spends way too much time driving to not be able to use this feature...

Apprentice

The guy at MINI is being really helpful. He is going to try and get more of an idea of time frame. It does sound like it most of the newer BMWs that are affected and not just MINI. 

Troubleshooter

@MrsJones wrote:

The guy at MINI is being really helpful. He is going to try and get more of an idea of time frame. It does sound like it most of the newer BMWs that are affected and not just MINI. 

I find this all rather bizarre. What phone had you used prior to the S10. 

Apprentice
I had an iPhone. This is my first Samsung but I think the issue is that the new Samsung is using some kind of new bluetooth technology BMW currently cant connect to. When I try and connect my car the phone can see the MINI bluetooth but the car is ignoring the connection request.
Troubleshooter

Samsung S8 S9 S10 use Bluetooth version 5 which is backward compatible with all previous versions of Bluetooth, Also iPhone 8 forward had Bluetooth version 5, so one would think if you had Samsung S9 or iPhone 8 connected to your car, why would S10’s not connect? 

Troubleshooter

@MrsJones wrote:
I had an iPhone. This is my first Samsung but I think the issue is that the new Samsung is using some kind of new bluetooth technology BMW currently cant connect to. When I try and connect my car the phone can see the MINI bluetooth but the car is ignoring the connection request.

Have read on another forum that if you turn on flight mode, then turn off again Bluetooth will connect. Can’t confirm this myself as my S10’s connected straight out of the box to my car.

worth a shot.

First Poster

I have a 2013 A6 that paired just fine with my past 2 galaxy phones, but I cannot connect via bluetooth with the S10+. I feel your frustration, I've searched and searched for help with no luck.

Top Liked Authors