Support

Open search

Android Auto with S10

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi, when I first received my S10+ Android Auto was working fine in my car then one day it just stopped working. When I plug the USB in the phone charges but Android Auto does not start up in my car. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing cache etc but no joy. Android Auto works fine in same car with my Wife's S9 so not issue with the car or the cable. 

Anyone had the same issue? And if so were you able to resolve it? Quite annoying as it was one of the main reasons I bought that particular car. 

6 REPLIES 6
Observer
I have the same issue that when I hit the Andriod auto button on stereo it says to follow instructions on phone and nothing appears on the stereo
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi all, I've made a video of the problem which I hope Samsung will see! There's definitely an issue and it's just with the S10 as my S8 and Huawei P20 Pro work with no problems at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVpRBFvXv2w

Let me know if this is the same/similar thing that you are experiencing too. This is happening on a Peugeot 3008 head unit.

Highlighted
Apprentice
I have a Peugeot 3008 and it just keeps connecting and disconnecting with my S10.

I have had my car in the garage for a complete reset, I have been in touch with Google and they don't know what to do... I have even taken my phone to car phone warehouse and they don't know. It's definitely just a problem with the S10.
Highlighted
Apprentice

I have a Peugeot 3008 and it just keeps connecting and disconnecting with my S10.

I have had my car in the garage for a complete reset, I have been in touch with Google and they don't know what to do... I have even taken my phone to car phone warehouse and they don't know. It's definitely just a problem with the S10.

Highlighted
First Poster

Have you find an answer??   I have the same  problem with my Peugeot 3008. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Yes! Finally after weeks of trying what was recommended, the samsung community is wrong. The cable that comes with the phone is not capable of transferring the data fast enough. Therefore I have purchased an anker cable from amazon (See below). Since using this cable, I have had no problems. I believe it's because this a 3.0 size cable, whereas the samsung one is not, therefore increasing the data speed dramatically. I hope that works for you! It's not too expensive either £5.99 excluding postage.

Anker PowerLine+ USB-C to USB 3.0 cable (3ft/0.9m), High Durability, for USB Type-C Devices, for Samsung Galaxy S10, S9, MacBook, Sony XZ, LG, V20, G5, G6, HTC 10, Xiaomi 5 & More

I hope that works for you! It has over 6,000 reviews as well.
Top Liked Authors