Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10,ONE UI 2, AOD cutoff

(Topic created on: 23-12-2019 09:51 PM)
Barney88
Apprentice
Options

On my S10 I'm experiencing a strange issue after android 10 upgrade. Sometimes the Always on display shows only a part, like half of it would be cut off or covered with something. With android 9 i didn't had this problem. I updated all the softwares, checked with different AOD clock styles, even did a full factory reset, but nothing helped...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AsadM
Options
This does sound odd, @Barney88. As it happens intermittently, it will be difficult for us to guide you through this as there won't be any way to identify if the issue is resolved if you're not currently experiencing it. It may be ideal for you to send an error report when this happens.
When you raise this, it would be passed onto our engineers and they'll be able to see what happens on your phone when the issue is present. You can send an error report from the Members app on your phone and then go into Get help > Send Feedback > Error report.
Please send this within 15 minutes of the issue occurring on the phone to give an accurate report of the issue.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Barney88 wrote:

On my S10 I'm experiencing a strange issue after android 10 upgrade. Sometimes the Always on display shows only a part, like half of it would be cut off or covered with something. With android 9 i didn't had this problem. I updated all the softwares, checked with different AOD clock styles, even did a full factory reset, but nothing helped...

Sure it's not a feature ? Wiping the partition cache didn't help ?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you able to take a picture and upload it on your thread @Barney88 

Perhaps try a different AOD format.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Hi @Barney88. This does sound odd. Try using a different AOD format and if this doesn't help, can you send us a picture (as suggested by @BandOfBrothers) and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you?
0 Likes
Barney88
Apprentice
Options

Missing the top partMissing the top part

Missing the battery percentageMissing the battery percentage

NormalNormal

NormalNormal

Mossing bottomMossing bottom

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for the pictures, @Barney88. Does this happen at any specific times, or when you go onto any particular app or page?
0 Likes
Barney88
Apprentice
Options
Like you see on the pictures it happens with different AOD styles also, i tried all of them with the same result. Sometimes the bottom, sometimes the top is missing, or like something is covering it. I tried clearing the cache and did a factory reset also. My wife has the same phone and she's experiencing the same issue
0 Likes
Barney88
Apprentice
Options

It happens randomly.

@AsadM wrote:
Thanks for the pictures, @Barney88. Does this happen at any specific times, or when you go onto any particular app or page?

0 Likes
Solution
AsadM
Options
This does sound odd, @Barney88. As it happens intermittently, it will be difficult for us to guide you through this as there won't be any way to identify if the issue is resolved if you're not currently experiencing it. It may be ideal for you to send an error report when this happens.
When you raise this, it would be passed onto our engineers and they'll be able to see what happens on your phone when the issue is present. You can send an error report from the Members app on your phone and then go into Get help > Send Feedback > Error report.
Please send this within 15 minutes of the issue occurring on the phone to give an accurate report of the issue.
Barney88
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the advice, i did send an error  report. I'm waiting for a  reply.

0 Likes