Support

Open search

Accidental touch protection S10e

Explorer

I have enabled the Accidental touch protection in the Display settings section. But this does not work, in still able to touch the screen when the top of the phone screen is covered, this is where I assume the sensor is located.

Can anyone else confirm this please?

10 REPLIES 10
Helping Hand

It's more of a protection against accidental touches whilst being in a pocket or handbag if I remember correctly. If you brush the screen in a dark room, you should see a message on the screen along those lines.

Explorer

I also have a note 9, if I cover the top part of the screen then I click the virtual home button on the while covering the screen. The message is displayed and I'm not able to press admittin on the screen. 

If I do the same on my s10e, either double tapping the screen or pressing the power button it allows me store and log in. It has on the odd occasion displayed the message but I could still interact with the when while covering the sensor.

Navigator

i think it's a bug with this accidental touch protection s10..not only the s10e

-the sensor works even if not in a bag or pocket....like in room where is low light and it's covering the display 

-i did perform full reset etc wipe cache nothing works..sometimes when i lift the phone and double tap the screen the message come and say traalla and press ok ....

must be a bug with this 

AntS Moderator

Hi all. Thanks for letting us know about this one!

I can only speak from a UK/European perspective, but our developers have advised that this issue should be fixed in the latest software version. 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

@AntS Thanks for letting us know this. Can you also share the complete version number of the latest update you're referring to?

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@Explorer_1989 , No worries. The developers maddeningly didn't state which version number... but I'll see if I can get that info from them. 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

@AntS Sure. The reason I am asking this is, there's a brand new ASD6 update that has just started rolling out a few days ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/bite62/the_uk_finally_got_the_update_exynos_unlocked/ 

I hope you'll clear the air soon. 

Navigator

the problem is still not fixed 

Explorer

@AntS Any update on this one?

Top Liked Authors