Support

Open search

Access top settings when is locked

Troubleshooter

@adamkee97 wrote:
This guy right here is absolutely right. Having this feature allows me to turn on mobile data then use Samsung Pay w/o unlocking the phone. (P/s, I have turned of Samsung Pay on home screen because it contradicts with the gesture function).

I can’t get it to do that ? If I try turning off Mobil data it asks for the unlock code, you sure your phone is locked when you do this?

How is Samsung pay coming active from the lock screen? If it does then you have an issue that needs to be addressed. 

What is the sequence of taps you are doing? 

Helping Hand

Only shortcut for me that doesnt need a PIN/Fingerprint is the Torch. Everything else is locked down.

Troubleshooter

@Colin19 wrote:

@adamkee97 wrote:
This guy right here is absolutely right. Having this feature allows me to turn on mobile data then use Samsung Pay w/o unlocking the phone. (P/s, I have turned of Samsung Pay on home screen because it contradicts with the gesture function).

I can’t get it to do that ? If I try turning off Mobil data it asks for the unlock code, you sure your phone is locked when you do this?

Helping Hand

@Colin19 wrote:

@Colin19 wrote:

@adamkee97 wrote:

643D28F4-10DD-4316-9888-DA2D5A7A70DE.jpegPull down top drawerC26C246B-52AF-4D89-8904-864668C91E44.jpegTap mobile data. Result enter pass code

I'm gonna ring you...

Troubleshooter

@KillYourIdols wrote:

@Colin19 wrote:

@Colin19 wrote:

@adamkee97 wrote:

643D28F4-10DD-4316-9888-DA2D5A7A70DE.jpegPull down top drawerC26C246B-52AF-4D89-8904-864668C91E44.jpegTap mobile data. Result enter pass code

I'm gonna ring you...

See if I care 

Helping Hand

*Subscribed Daily to Cat Facts*

Troubleshooter

@KillYourIdols wrote:

*Subscribed Daily to Cat Facts*

must engage brain before thinking.

First Poster
Button orders can be change, also button grid, is true without biometric settings nobody can switch off, but if my data is off or wi-fi they can switch on without biometric security. Also if is on my data i can locate my device, with torque on the battery will be drained fast, i can't locate my device anymore without battery, definitely i consider this a security issue.
Highlighted
Apprentice
I think I can understand your concern now. Before this on my older phone running on Nougat with the old Samsung UX, users are required to unlock their phone before changing any network settings, turning on or off.
Apprentice
You can only turn it on if your phone is locked, not off. So, if I take my phone out and the data is off, I can switch it on and launch Pay on the lock screen (Pay doesn't require internet to work, it's just that my OCD kicked in). But I guess their intention is to allow people to get notifications without unlocking their phone first.
Top Liked Authors