Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES5/AES7?

(Topic created on: 09-06-2019 02:03 PM)
cara1
Pathfinder
Options

I've received the most recent update from Samsung (BTU CSC) and it says it is the AES5 update. If I go to the learn more link, it says it is AES7.  I don't want to download the AES5 version because of all of the problems so can Sammy please clarify which update has been pushed to the device?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,

I am not Samsung employee, but I can answer your question.

On June 6th ASE7 rolled out on BTU devices, so if you have downloaded and installed an update since that day it is ASE7 for sure.

You can post here Software info to let you be sure about which version is running on your device. (Settings, Phone Info, Software Info ---> screen).

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

0 Likes
cara1
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks!  It was around the 6th when the update became available. I wonder why it is named incorrectly then?  Part of me wants to download it but part of me wants to wait for Samsung to 100% confirm

0 Likes
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

I don't think it could be named incorrectly, I have italian device and it was delivered on Wednesday 5th and it is ok. To look more on this, I should see what has been delivered on BTU devices.

If you haven't installed the update yet, you can take a screenshot on the download notice, otherwise you can take a screenshot on Software Information as said above.

After that you can always wait for an official answer from Samsung Moderators :smiling-face:

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

0 Likes
cara1
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks dani.  The problem is that it says 2 different things. On the Software Download section on my phone it says AES5 but if I go to the "learn more" link that brings me to Samsungs hub, it says AES7.  If I am downloading AES7 then it should say that in the Software Download section.  Sometimes incorrect versions can still be pushed out to phones - will wait for a Samsung rep to confirm on this. Someone over on XDA said don't download unless it is AES7 in the Software Download section.

0 Likes