Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync outlook calendar and contacts on note 9

(Topic created on: 14-09-2018 07:16 AM)
TheArchetect
Navigator
Options

On the Note 9 have Samsung made it so that it can sync with outlook calendar and contacts?

This is a very disappointing feature on previous phones as it could not be done. The only way to syn was to use a 3rd party app such as MyPhone Explorer. 

12 REPLIES 12
DannyT
Options
0 Likes
TheArchetect
Navigator
Options

I am afraid not. You need to use microsoft exchange for this. I need it to sync direct with outlook on my pc, which I guess thats what most people do.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Try this to add your contacts. You'll need to first add your email account by going to Apps > Settings > Cloud & Accounts > Accounts > Add Account. Then go to:

Contacts > More (3 dots) > Manage Contacts > Sync Contacts > Toggle on your email address.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
TheArchetect
Navigator
Options

I will give it a go. What about syncing calandar ?

0 Likes
username_taken
Apprentice
Options

Did you get your outlook contacts and calender to sync with your note 9? im having the same issue. it will only sync my gmail account . my whole life is on my outlook account 😕

0 Likes
username_taken
Apprentice
Options
mine is not working, even microsoft exchange
0 Likes
username_taken
Apprentice
Options
still doesn't work for me 😞
0 Likes
TheArchetect
Navigator
Options

Still does not work for me!!!

My undestanding for any Samsung phone you can only get Outlook email, contacts and calander to kind of sync is if you have either a Microsoft Excghange account or having an Outlook.com account using the Outlook app. 

If, like most people, you have a desktop MS software version of Outlook you can not sync. Samsung are missing the plot. With Apple its easy using Itunes.

So you are forced to use a 3rd party app and the only one and by far the best is My Phone Explorer - which is a freebie app available on Google Play. Used it for several years now on all my Samsung phones. Still disappointed that Samsung do not produce such an app.

0 Likes
username_taken
Apprentice
Options
It is unbelievable! I tried transferring my stuff via smart switch multiple times with all three options. Added/linked my email accounts and made sure it synced and nope. Only my gmail contacts showed up . There's only a small handful of numbers saved on there . Everything I have is saved on outlook.
I managed to transfer my contacts via SD card after the fourth time after I speaking to tech support ! But it still doesn't solve my issue as I won't be able to update contacts .
Years ago I had the note 4 and now I remember I had the same issue and had to download another app for it to sync but I can't remember what app it was . Think it started with 9something .
I've never had this issue with any of my other android phones. For $1500, I didn't expect such grief. It's taken me 2 full days and hours of samsung tech support and in the end they told me to call Microsoft. Wtf! I need to look into that app you suggested