Support

Open search

note 9 usb connected disconnected isuue

Highlighted
Apprentice

I had the same problem with my Galaxy Tab S6 which I only had for 5 days. It only started happening TODAY.  So Samsung wanted me to ship it back to them for repair. When this message happens you can't turn off the screen with the power button and when you turn off the tablet and plug in the charger the usual charging ring does not show up with the percentage.  

So this started when the battery was around 31%. So on a whim while the Tablet was powered on I plugged in the charger and it was charging my tablet. So I was thinking if it's charging then how can the port be bad? Then after the tablet hit 38% charge the USB Disconnected message went away. I have been using the tablet all day without any problems until 10 min ago when the message came back.  However I believe I have an actual theory on what is happening and a possible solution! 

(THEORY) The fact that this is happening on many different devices and not just one particular one makes me think this is a software glitch related to the (Protect Battery Option because the problem only started when I enabled the Protect Battery Option and used it for a day then disabled it later. What this option does is only lets your device be charged to 85% to make the battery last longer. After a reboot it will show your device charge all the way to 100% but behind the screnes it's only charging to 85%. Less wear on your battery hence it lasts longer or so goes the theory.  

(SOLUTION) When that USB Disconnected message came back Again at Exactly 31% it made me think about enabling battery protect the day before. Guess what??? When I re-enabled the Protect Battery Option again and rebooted the problem went away!!! You can enable this feature by doing the following.

Go to Settings --> Device Care --> Battery  --. Click on 3 dots in top right of screen. --> In Settings scroll down and Enable Protect Battery! --> Restart Phone or Tablet for it to take effect.   

If this works for you please report your findings.... Note this options is not available on all devices. Example being my Note 8 does not have it but my Tab S6 does. But then again I never had the problem on my Note 8.  If the Battery Protect feature is actually causing this error like in my case it seems Samsung could fix the problem with an update?

Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks Man! It worked for me.

Highlighted
First Poster
It works Love you
Highlighted
First Poster

HOW TO FIX:

I had the same issue.  S9+

I've been a phone technician for 5 years now.

It behaves very much like a software issue, however it is actually a hardware issue.

Depending on the extent of the damage, each persons result will vary.

Get a cotton bud > rip off a tiny bit > place it in the charging port > get a small metal pin > use the pin to rub the cottonbud around all the charging pins.

My charging only works if the chord is a certain way now, but phew! I'm happy that it'll allow to to backup on smartswitch.

I bought a wireless charger before I tried this

Hope it helps

Highlighted
First Poster

Switching from one charge option to the otherSwitching from one charge option to the other

Results in the phone chargingResults in the phone charging

I find it very unusual that I can swap the settings around to get my phone to charge. However, it will stop charging in about 5 minutes.

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello there, my phone is only about a month old and I started getting this problem yesterday, this problem along with the moisture detected issue even tough my phone did not get wet, however both issues were not present at the same time. I managed to solve both of them tough.

The moisture detected issue came up first which prevented me from charging my phone, when this happened I just powered off my phone which then allowed me to charge it to full.

After my phone was fully charged the moisture detected issue disappeared when I turned my phone back on and then the USB plugged and unplugged issue popped up.

For this issue I just plugged the USB cable into my phone and laptop, powered off my phone, and then turned it back on with the USB cable still connected to both devices. The USB connected/disconnected notifications disappeared for me after doing this, so maybe it might work for you as well.

I think this is a software issue and the main cause of it is because I'm not using the original Samsung charger, so I'm gonna try to get an original one as soon as possible and see if it prevents these problems from coming back.

Update: So I changed the charging adapter to an original samsung adapter and the issue seem to have disappeared permanently

Highlighted

I've had this same issue on my note 8 for the last 2 days. After reading these posts I tried all of the suggested options (changing default usb settings, cleaning the port with cotton and even a factory reset) 

I finally found a solution which has worked for me. My background is in automotive mechanics and I regularly need to clean electrical sensors in cars. I figured the usb port can't be too different to engine sensors so I used MAF (mass air flow) sensor cleaner  and sprayed a good dose into the port. It's relatively inexpensive at around $15 to $20 and can be found in automotive and some hardware stores. 

The notification has not appeared since and charging has been restored to its usual speed with no moisture or USB connector warnings. 

I would suggest doing this with the device turned off and preferably on the waterproof samsung models as a precaution. However as MAF cleaner rapidly dissolves without leaving residue it should still work on non waterproof models. However ensure it has fully evaporated before restarting the device (2 hours should be more than sufficient)

I hope someone finds this useful and solves this annoying problem without having to spend the $$$ on replacing the port. 

Highlighted

@raffoi wrote:

im having a problem with my note 9 it spams a notification from the andriod system that the usb connector connected then usb connector disconnected it makes my phone gets hot and drains the battery fast anyone experienced this?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Screenshot_20200125-095207_Settings.jpg

try this i forced stop the usb settings and also clean the port 

Highlighted

I tried to update my device and yet the problem isn't solved, In will try the dealership hopefully they could help me

Top Liked Authors