Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data since the latest update! (UK)

(Topic created on: 05-05-2019 09:40 AM)
Damo007
Student
Options

Help!! Since I downloaded the new software update yesterday I do not have any data! Cannot access internet or apps unless I go onto Wi-Fi!! what is wrong or what can I do to get data back?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Damo007 

Let's start with a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts. Have you checked all your settings to make sure data hasn't been switched off during the update?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Damo007 

Also as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone.

Check your mobile data toggle either in your settings or your pull down shade from the top of the phone.

If you use a network app you maybe able to see in there if any data caps etc have somehow been activated. 

Also check in your phones settings if your data control level settings have kicked in etc.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Damo007
Student
Options

Hi thanks @BandOfBrothers but O2 had to give me some steps (12 - 15) to change my data settings due to the Samsung sfotware update.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Damo007 

I'm on the Samsung One Ui  / Pie update and have just updated to the April update.

My Note 9 is dual sim so I use both o2 and Vodafone Uk Sim cards in the phone and neither were affected by the update.

Weird. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes