Support

Open search

aptx HD support for Galaxy Note 9

Apprentice

My Note9 outputs data to my Oppo HA-2SE just fine. What you need is correct OTG cable which will allow data transfer but will not charge your DAC using Note9 battery. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for the info.  That's good to know.  I've ordered Audioquest's own OTG cable called the Dragontail, although it's not very clear from the images on Amazon or their own website whether it has a micro-USB or a USB-C connector.  I will find out when it arrives tomorrow but hopefully if it's micro-USB it will still work with an adapter. Either that or I will have to return it and find an alternative.

Apprentice
I have the Audioquest Dragonfly Black 1.5. It works well using Samsung's USB-C OTG. I'm not sure if AudioQuest's OTG cable would better shield noise and therefore reduce hiss. The Dragonfly Black has a pretty bad noise floor for IEMs and I'd much prefer using the headphone jack (mine is Exynos which has pretty respectable measurements although amping is a tad low).
Explorer

I spoke to Audioquest who said it's a known issue with the DSP in the PX headphones.  It's not a problem now anyway.  I've returned the Dragonfly Red and bought a hi res audio player to bypass the Note 9 completely.

I was reading previous posts and I have the same issue and worst.

I have an old DSD library and always used Level Pro headphones with no issues but now defaults to SBC and SBC doesn't support DSD as the bit stream is too much..

The result is terrible skipping and sputtering to a point you can not use them.

I contacted Samsung and filed a Bug Report but if people dont put pressure, good luck with this getting fixed it.

I will wait few months until the update and if not will request a formal warranty repair as DSD are in the supported files on the Note 9 specs.

I was reading previous posts and I have the same issue and worst.

I have an old DSD library and always used Level Pro headphones with no issues but now defaults to SBC and SBC doesn't support DSD as the bit stream is too much..

The result is terrible skipping and sputtering to a point you can not use them.

I contacted Samsung and filed a Bug Report but if people dont put pressure, good luck with this getting fixed it.

I will wait few months until the update and if not will request a formal warranty repair as DSD are in the supported files on the Note 9 specs.

Top Liked Authors