Support

Open search

aptx HD support for Galaxy Note 9

Apprentice

All nice and dandy that Developer screen allowing force of another Bluetooth communication mode but how do you make it stick and how do you know it actually works please?

I have got AptX HD supported headphones and playing Tidal/Qobuz HiFi or HiRes music and would probably be ok with the so so AptX HD but for some reason it does not work on the Note 9. The phone supports HiRes playback so why not streaming? Samsung, really?

Anyways, LDAC 990 plus other tweaks would be the way to go but when I switch to it, it seems to work only for a moment, session? and then it reversers itself out. Or, it does not actually work, fails to negotiate, I am just not sure. Help!

Honestly I am not even sure if that's phone's or headphones fault, why phone cannot try to negotiate what I want and just tell me if it works or not? Makes no sense, this is a top end premium device. Please code it in!

The headphones, by official data, supports at least aptX, aptX HD, AAC and SBC.

Any help much apperiated.

Like many of you I've samsung (an S9 (private) and S10e (work)) without aptx HD an da B&W PX headphone. My mistake. So if there will not be aptx HD then my next phones will not be Samsung anymore (a shame, I had them almost all starting from the Galaxy S up to the S10). But sometimes it is time to change....

When will  Aptx HD be supported on Note 9!?

When will  Aptx HD be supported on Note 9!?

Highlighted
Explorer
Hi, Mate.

What I can suggest with regards on this inquiry is to contact APTX support where they can determine if the model you have is applicable for APTX HD. You can reach them at this link https://www.aptx.com > Contact us.

Sad to inform you, I have read that the Galaxy Note 9 is not on the list which has the APTX HD feature. But it supports APTX connection not the HD.

Thank you!
Explorer
Hi, Mate!

You can actually send a Software Feedback via Samsung members where the developers might look on this matter and would be able to check if they can add the feature on the next security and software update.

Thank you!
First Poster

Most android devices only support an output of 16bit-44.1khz or 16bit-48khz. I have a Galaxy A20 and it supports 48khz. So no matter what quality the audio file is,  the device automatically re-samples back down to its maximum output. In order to play or stream Hifi audio files, you need a device that's capable to output that quality audio, which wont be an android  You would need a Hifi Player, like the standalone Pono player (no longer available),  or computer, and also DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) and speakers/headphones that can handle hifi bit depth and hifi sample rates.  You can use your android to output thru USB to a DAC, but only at the max output of the device,  which is most likely 16-48. It's complicated,  and expensive to buy the necessary hardware to be able to play hifi audio. So it's pointless to buy audio files over 16-44 quality unless you own the necessary hardware to play it. I'm not a professional,  so I could have a few of the details mixed up about how the whole DAC and USB output stuff is required and setup together. But that's also why the developer options revert back, because they default to the maximum phone and headphone capabilities. Sorry

First Poster

When will  Aptx HD be supported on Note 9!??!?

Apprentice

Still there is no response from anyone here but I have found that on Note 10 forum.

"Helping Hand

@EMINENT1 wrote:

I have a Note 10+ and I do not see Aptx HD in my list of codecs in developer options.

I am trying to get the most out of my Aptx HD headphones.

Is Aptx HD ever going to available anytime soon?

Only Aptx is in this device and no HD will be implemented. Future samsung devices will.

https://www.aptx.com/ see information and https://www.aptx.com/products    

those are the facts.

So if to believe him, we are finally getting it on new devices, soon. If you want it now, look at one of those older devices below. The newer devices from those makers are quite likely to support the aptX HD as well.

Apprentice
You are right but we are not talking most devices, we are talking Note 9, flagship model from Samsung for over 800GBP when it came out. And yeah, using external DACs etc... is doable but none does it as it's silly...
Top Liked Authors