Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why is DEX not being made wireless?

(Topic created on: 01-10-2018 03:36 PM)
blazefalconburg
Explorer
Options

Having to plug in a cable is better than the old docking station, but still not as good as wireless. I can't see any reason why this is not possible with a chromecast/mirrorcast adaptor. If the only purpose of the station/Adaptor is to transmit the video/audio, then the station/adaptor is unnecessary.

78 REPLIES 78
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @blazefalconburg.

We've sent this off to our developers for some feedback. We'll be in touch when we hear back.

Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @blazefalconburg.

We've had some feedback from our devs. regarding this.

The good news is that they are working on a wireless connection for DEX but a few improvements need to be made first, so presently, there isnt a timeline for the implementation of this.

Thanks for the suggestion though and keep them coming!

EnormousSaturn
First Poster
Options

I don't know if this is even possibly. But is there any chance this will eventually come to the galaxy J7 as well as note 9 and the galaxy s line of mobile devices.

MK-47
Apprentice
Options

This would be amazing. Dex has been such a blessing for me, I would love to have the ability to connect it to something like the HP Lapdock. I am glad Samsung is moving forward with this. I honestly have been thinking about switching to Pixel for my next phone due to stock Android, but seeing that you guys are actually pursuing this is making me reconsider. I was able to successfully connect a Galaxy s8 to the Lapdock though smart view, and would love to see Dex enabled rather than the minimal mirror option. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @blazefalconburg.

We've had some feedback from our devs. regarding this.

The good news is that they are working on a wireless connection for DEX but a few improvements need to be made first, so presently, there isnt a timeline for the implementation of this.

Thanks for the suggestion though and keep them coming!

@ChrisM Thanks for the update! It would be great if you could keep us in the loop on this feature. Are there any new updates as of late? Do you know which devices will receive this update yet?

arpace
Apprentice
Options

When is this feature coming?  It has been over half a year, 8months. Huawei's version works really well, so maybe you should learn from them?

Yasser-Matter
First Poster
Options

what is the Huawei Version that doing it ? 

0 Likes
arpace
Apprentice
Options

P30 pro

RanmaruRei
Journeyman
Options

They have Easy Projection. It's an analog of DeX. Unlike DeX, it can be used wirelessly (monitor and device should be in the same Wi-Fi network).