Support

Open search

Why is DEX not being made wireless?

Highlighted
First Poster

I've check it with Samsung TV and Huawei P20. It was working but... Very laggy. Slow maybe because of WiFi quality.  

Highlighted
Apprentice

I use Screen Mirroring (Smart View) frequently. 2,4 GHz WiFi has a noticeable lag. So, 5GHz WiFi is only viable for now. Wi-Fi 6 maybe will be a huge improvement though.

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi Chris,

Is there any update on this?

Any chance you can announce a rough period when DEX Live might be released?

Cheers

Highlighted

Hi @MaxRue 

We've sent this off to our Developers for an update. We'll be back in touch when we've heard.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I've been waiting since the rumors first came out over a year ago. I'm not holding my breath. Huawei's been doing it for a while now, too bad they don't have Google services otherwise I would be there right now.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Wireless Dex is gonna be a kickass feature and a great differentiator for samsung high end phones.. especially for professionals on the go.. very excited for this

Highlighted
Apprentice

Absolutely a game changer. The convenience of using the function on any smart TV without a tether is huge. I've been waiting for close to two years to make this happen, not sure why there is a holdup.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I gave up on Samsung. They release these amazing features and stop developing them. The only updates the offer are meant to entice users to buy new devices. I'm waiting for the Saurface Duo to release befor I drop my galaxy. 

Hi all.

A little bit on an update from the Developers on this one. This is still being worked on but the implementation date is still unknown at this stage, due to previously encountered technical problems.

As soon as we have some further news, we'll be sure to let you know.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi all.

A little bit on an update from the Developers on this one. This is still being worked on but the implementation date is still unknown at this stage, due to previously encountered technical problems.

As soon as we have some further news, we'll be sure to let you know.

@ChrisM  Thanks for the latest information.   A bit disappointing but obviously important that issues are ironed out.

Top Liked Authors