Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why does my note 9 look different with this new update.

(Topic created on: 20-04-2019 05:17 PM)
Amir999
Apprentice
Options

Samsung who have you given the responsibility to design this new update looks like it was designed for a 5 year old ..very unprofessional look...totally hate the notifications bar and templates complete ********..i upgrded from apple to a note 9 and loved it till now ...its complete rubbish..i could of had just bought a low budget android phone if i was looking for a low end look ...please fix this.

35 REPLIES 35
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@maggiethecat wrote:

@Maxozone wrote:

Why didn't I think of that?? Pour more money into my business phone, which now looks like it was made by Fisher-Price. That is nonsense, Samsung needs to leave it alone. It is not the phone that it was when I bought it.. What they did is criminal! 

The new update does look like something Fisher-Price designed 🤣

Which is the exact words some iPhone owners used when Apple sent out a new iOS.

They didn't change it either. 

I remember an update I went through with my Note 5 when they first went with that "Material" look I think it was called.  I looked at the icons and thought to myself, "That looks bad.  Oh well."  And I never thought about it again.  I've never understood what the big deal is about Icons.  

Maxozone
Voyager
Options
I guess it is a personal preference, like the color of your car, bike, shoes... If you wanted to get a car that you could operate easily, had the engine you had searched for, and was your favorite color, and you bought it. A few days later GM reaches thru the 'On-Star'; detunes it, limits the power output, shuts off the transmission shift function, and the next night a crew comes by and paints it, puts square tires, and removes the steering wheel, how would you feel? You would then say "I guess I will just have to get used to it, that is what I am stuck with"
This example is on a different scale/scope, but it demonstrates the far reaching overlord power that takes away the thing that you paid for and expect to be there when you wake up. Grrr Google sucks!!!
Redsaturn
Apprentice
Options
Honestly, I dont think many people liked the new update. Bring up the topic with other samsung 8, 8+ or note 9 users and they will all complain about the changes that annoy them. One guy had a case and now it no longer shows whem he closes his screen. Lots of things people dont know how to use their phone like they did before. I am one of them.
Maxozone
Voyager
Options
I feel the complaints, at least in my case, derived from having bought a certain; look, feel , comfort, and fuction that we were looking for. When the "thief in the night" came and took those things away us, we felt violated and deceived. However we have no recourse to combat this larcenous action. It seems they are too big to be care. I wonder if a drop in stocks would get the proper attention.
Kdsmitty
Journeyman
Options
Yes you are right I was about to say that, I should not have to download more garbage to get a flagship phone to look right.. I see Samsung thinking they just can throw anything out to the masses and thinking its okay.. my eye hurt looking at this white and gray lettering and what up with my calendar.. developer was coke up or something.. can I have the option to keep the version. This pie was tomato pie. Make banana pudding
0 Likes
Kdsmitty
Journeyman
Options

Samsung stock market share price might drop if they don't fix this mess

0 Likes
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

@Kdsmitty wrote:
Yes you are right I was about to say that, I should not have to download more garbage to get a flagship phone to look right.. I see Samsung thinking they just can throw anything out to the masses and thinking its okay.. my eye hurt looking at this white and gray lettering and what up with my calendar.. developer was coke up or something.. can I have the option to keep the version. This pie was tomato pie. Make banana pudding

Couple of questions...  you mentioned the "White and gray lettering" and earlier in the post you said that you "Should not have to download more garbage to get a flagship phone to look right... "

If you have a problem with the White fonts on a gray background, that usually means that you are running a downloaded theme, something that you downloaded to make your phone "Look Right."  You might try either turning your theme off and trying it without a theme.  Another option is to turn your theme off and try Night mode.  Settings > Display > Night Mode.  Or simply download another theme that is designed for One UI.  Your current theme sounds like one that was designed for Oreo and will not function properly under One UI.  Most themes developers that people have used to download in order  to "Get a flagship phone to look right" have updated their themes to work with the new OS.  

b0l7ycalin
Student
Options

I loved my phone Note 9 and I loved the way it worked and feel with Oreo, I was also looking forward for this new One UI update mostly because the night mode, but it just ruined my phone: recent apps style is bad and i don't know why they didn't keep the LIST VIEW option which is perfect for a phone that can have 20+ apps open in the background, actual implementation is just useless;
I also don't like how they changed the camera app and the fact that i can't choose to record in 30fps or 60fps anymore;

Nav bar is also ruined, I get that they wanted to add the gestures but why removing the old perfectly working staff like hiding the bar or changing the colors of the bar;

And the worst of  all is that after the update my very expensive Clear view Smart cover turned into a  not Clear and definetly not smart  very expensive regular flip case.

I bought the Note 9 and every other note that i had because i thought that is a good business phone, made for productivity and multitasking, but after the new update it does not feel the same. Samsung removed usefull features that made this phone to shine and did not add anything instead.

I dont mind the new visuals or how the icons look, or anything related to aspect but i do mind of how the phone feels and works and it is not good. 

I think Samsung wanted to make the UI "simple" to use, but you don't buy a note 9 to have a "simple" phone, you buy a note 9 to have a power house that is full of options and features and that can get work done fast and good.

there is the S series and others that  Samsung could have made "simple" to use, but they should've never play with the Note series.

suepg
First Poster
Options

I do not like this update at all and I do not want to take MY time to try to work around this update. I want my text messages to work like they did before the update, I don't want Chatbots...I am extremely unhappy with this update & ticked I have no control over my own phone!

Dave39
Apprentice
Options

I blocked the upate with Package Disabler Pro.

0 Likes