Did you mean: 

Whatsapp messages on notification/status bar on home screen

(Topic created on: 23-04-2019 12:01 PM)
Abdul786
First Poster
Options

Hi Community, 

Hope you guys are all well. 

Looking to get some advice on whatsapp message notifications. Coming from using iPhone for many years, I still haven't managed to master using my Note 9. 

So the issue i have is, i want my messages to appear on the screen in the same way they did on my iPhone. If i am on the home screen (not on on whatsapp), when receiving a message, a notification is displayed with the message received, but if i recieve a second message from the same person, the notification appears but doesnt show me the message instead it shows me the notification which says 2 message from bob(from receiver). 

How do i get it to show me multiple messages without having to scroll down on the nav bar. 

I've checked all the settings, everything seems to be enabled. 

Hope someone can help me

Abdul

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JoJo19741974
First Poster
Options

Hi 

0 Likes
JoJo19741974
First Poster
Options

Hi 

0 Likes
Abdul786
First Poster
Options

Hi JoJo19741974,

Thank you for your comprehensive response. 

You seem like a very knowledgeable man, however the issue you have described is the not the same as the one I am experiencing. 

My issue is to do with the device itself. If your phone is unlocked and you are on the home screen, if you receive a message from someone, a popup appears at the top of the screen, which will say their name and you will see a preview of the message on the screen and this disappears after a few seconds. If i was to receive another message from this same sender, instead of showing me the previous of their second message the pop up appears on screen and says 2 messages from sender. I'm trying to get it to show me a preview of the second message. 

Hope this helps unclear any confusion.

Thanks,

Abdul

0 Likes
StrategicLieo
First Poster
Options

We're on the same boat :smiling-face: after a looong experience with IOS, I've made my move to Android through Note 9. And I lovvvvvvve it!

For your case, Try using "Glimpse Notifications" it can turn all the apps notifications to be shown on any side of the screen. (a rectangle at the top of the screen, for example).

Btw, (Light Flow) is another useful notification app I recommend it. It has a lot of features but I only use it to set up a led light color to every app I want. For example .. (yellow light blinks when I get a snapchat message, red color blinks when I get a missed call notification).

Hope that helps. Good luck. 

0 Likes