Support

Open search

What is with the lack of supply on Galaxy Note9 Hybrid Sim 512GB to the UK?

SOLVED
Apprentice

I find myself greatly confused and worried about the absolute lack of information, updates or emails about the current state of shipping the Galaxy Note9 Hybrid Sim 512GB to the UK.

Mainstream shops are anywhere from 12th to 4th of Ocotober. Nobody has a clue when shipping is to really commence. Has anyone actualy received the model listed above? And if so when?

Considering the limited tradein time, promotions and need for me to transfer everything over before major use of the new phone is required, can a Admin please find out what timeframe is likely. 

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
  • *As of 25th September 2018, I am now a proud owner of a 512GB bouncing blue/yellow boy.
    Shipped oddly early and good job I was in.
    Fantastic phone with many hidden features I am trying to understand. Like how can this thing, on android, happily take 14gig+ files!? My S8 refused anything over 4.2...
7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

I've seen supply issues in a few countries. 

I'm in the UK and pre ordered from my local bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store on the 23rd and picked it up on the 24th. 

Note 9 Black 512Gb Duos model. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I've seen supply issues in a few countries. 

I'm in the UK and pre ordered from my local bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store on the 23rd and picked it up on the 24th. 

Note 9 Black 512Gb Duos model. 

Yeh, I just got back from Cardiff (my nearest Samsung Store) and they had a good 10+ units just sat in back since launch date.
They took time to explain the duo Sim model is exlcusive to a few providers, but could not shed any light on why the main website cannot provide any information.

I tried Live Chat before heading out and it was embarrassing from Samsungs point. Copy'n'paste stages and only served to repeat exactly what I could already see on order page. I just want a ETA as stuck in hostpital from mid next week. 
13ths past and not even a email to update me.

*Forgot to mention that the 'Upgrade Program' is also website exclusive, but they do offer 0% finance instore for 24 months*

Apprentice
  • Right. As I have noticed this is now top result of Google for this phone, Time to play some PR games.
    Samsung.BS.jpg
  • NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS - 11 DAYS PAST ORDER / 5 DAYS PAST SHIPPING DATE.
    Updated every day
  • Further evidence - US Samsung Forums

I am going to make a assumption based on all the research I have done.
Many of the Note 9's on release have had multiple issues from deadzones on screen, pens breaking, light bleeding, Camera jamming, Software locking, missing ram and overheating. Samsung may have intentialy opted to halt production to QA the production line and amend things at a hardware level.
At the same time, they are also the producers of the very same 512Gig chip that Apple are using in the new IPhones. Short answer - Profit shift to supply Apple, while again, issues are investigated internally.
You could also argue that it is customs delaying the shipments within the EU, but this is easily countered by the lack of US units also being shipped to preorder customers.
Something has gone drasticly wrong in the background, and Samsung are playing Damage Control by keeping customers in the dark, while oddly supplying thier very competitior that is stealing many argrivated Samsung customers. I could easily cancel my online order and pick one up in a Official Samsung store at the cost of the upgrade program. Yet customer support yet again say will be shipped within a week... Type that in google and see how many forum posts you find.

*As of Sept 19th changed to 4th October with no email warning.

Apprentice
  • *As of 25th September 2018, I am now a proud owner of a 512GB bouncing blue/yellow boy.
    Shipped oddly early and good job I was in.
    Fantastic phone with many hidden features I am trying to understand. Like how can this thing, on android, happily take 14gig+ files!? My S8 refused anything over 4.2...
Explorer

I'm kind of still in the same boat;

Ordered on the 18th September

Confirmed shipping date of the 20th September

Here we sit, Tuesday 25th September 10pm, going into the 26th September and I have no idea when I'm getting my phone.

After several phone conversations / live chats with "Samsung Experts", I've been told I will get it this week, I will get it on the 4th October, I will get it on the 7th October.

Absolutely no idea when the phone will turn up...it's a mini-mystery 

First Poster

I have the dual Sim model, ordered on release day 24/08, received next day, no problems. 

Highlighted
Observer

i got mine yesterday here in Portugal

Top Liked Authors