Support

Open search

Video Editor on the Note 9

SOLVED
First Poster

Hi, 

Does anyone know if there is a stock video editor available on the Note 9?  I previously owned a note 8 and I believe there was a moviemaker app for that device..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator
@LondonSam: If you go to Apps > Samsung (Folder) > My Files > Videos > Select a video you have captured via the Camera app, you should see a paintbrush and pallet symbol at the foot of the screen. This is the Edit option, however you can also crop the video and add filters and stickers with the other available options.
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL Moderator
@LondonSam: If you go to Apps > Samsung (Folder) > My Files > Videos > Select a video you have captured via the Camera app, you should see a paintbrush and pallet symbol at the foot of the screen. This is the Edit option, however you can also crop the video and add filters and stickers with the other available options.
Apprentice
Hi. I can't crop videos on my Note 9. It gives me the choice on video editor but only to leave it with the exact same length. I remember the same happening on my Note 8, why is that?
Apprentice

Mine does the same garbage. Never had an issue with my LG phones with video editing. LG also had full screen 3D live video wallpapers. Plus a better camera, full drop protection built in, a removable battery and then some. I hate samsung, the curved screen is a joke. 

It pretty bad when people cant crop a video and have to search the internet for the stupid note 9. I hate you samsung. This is easy stuff.

First Poster

It saves it as a new video, sometimes in a separate folder probably called something like "video editor". Annoying thing is if you edit a video it will save the new one with whatever time and date it is when you edit it not when the original one was taken and I assume it does the same with location.

I am having the same issue. I see the crop feature but it just saves the video again with the sme length. 

Observer

You have to touch, hold, and drag the black bars with the white line on either end to where You want the video to begin & end. 

I thought the orange arrow was the way, too!

Highlighted
Observer

How are You posting from The Future though?!?!

So Jealous! I wanna go!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

Wow! I have arrived!

Apprentice

Leave it to the ***** at Samsung to remove a perfectly good app/feature, namely their video editor. Pro tip Samsung: the name of the game is adding and improving features, not removing them/making them worse.

Top Liked Authors