Support

Open search

Totally new note 9 with crack from box !!!

First Poster

I have an interesting situation, I just bought at the official samsung store new Note 9, and when I open the package on the back glass I find a crack.

I think there will be no problem to change the damaged product on next day, but unfortunately in Latvia, samsung is treated terribly against customers and now there is nothing else to do, it looks like I will have a refus to change the phone.

-

lesson of this: Open packaging at store, in front of the seller's eyes and turn inside the phone !!!!!IMG-7923.JPGIMG-7924.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Eriksksrlsons

Sorry to hear this, can you just check that it's not a mark/tear on the plastic film.

If it's on the phone itself you will need to return to the store where you purchased your phone, along with your proof of purchase.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

First Poster

It is on the phone, in the store I was already, then they send me to a service center at the other end of the city, now the phone is there, but the manager replied that he thinks it's my fault, which in my opinion is not normal attitude.

Navigator

Thats just wrong! They should immediately replace it with a new one or refund your money. There shouldnt be any reason to send you to the service centre, unless you reported it after a few days. In that case, theres no way to prove that it wasnt accidental damage caused by you.

Superuser I
Superuser I

I also choose to buy my phones from the Samsung Experience Store in the UK.

This is so I can unbox it in the store to check it for any damage or marks and to check the display is evenly lit and boots up ok.

If the damage is just that and shows no sign of being dropped then its confusing as to why they won't help.  :(

Ask to speak to the store manager.

If necessary check your countries Sales of Goods Act or similar for support.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

I prefer to buy online and be protected by the ability to return an item, for whatever reason, within 14 days. I'm not sure I would hang about in a store to unbox and check out a phone/camera/etc. I'd hope that anyone selling a Samsung phone would replace/refund with a receipt if there was a problem.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@antonp wrote:

I prefer to buy online and be protected by the ability to return an item, for whatever reason, within 14 days. I'm not sure I would hang about in a store to unbox and check out a phone/camera/etc. I'd hope that anyone selling a Samsung phone would replace/refund with a receipt if there was a problem.

Distance selling can have its advantages  

In the UK I have 30 days from purchase to return a phone to Samsung shop for a replacement or refund  

I'm spending £1,100 so I prefer to spend the time in-house checking things over @antonp 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

If I bought it in a i-store, there would be a greater risk that the item would not be returned, although there is a 14-day return option, it doesn't change the metter that they can blame me for the defect.

P.S. after two days I got a new phone instead. 👌👍

Navigator

@Eriksksrlsons wrote:

I have an interesting situation, I just bought at the official samsung store new Note 9, and when I open the package on the back glass I find a crack.

I think there will be no problem to change the damaged product on next day, but unfortunately in Latvia, samsung is treated terribly against customers and now there is nothing else to do, it looks like I will have a refus to change the phone.

-

lesson of this: Open packaging at store, in front of the seller's eyes and turn inside the phone !!!!!IMG-7923.JPGIMG-7924.JPG

You can tell, that's direct from Samsung they sent out a broken Note 9 as the factory seal is not removed.. If you take that seal off, you can never get it back on the way they come from the factory, also there's no damage to the plastic seal so really that is Samsung fault not yours! You should appeal mate!!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Navigator

note 9 broken.jpg

Actually now that took a good look at your pics, i can see there is dust and other stuff behind the plastic seal.. Did you remove the seal ? Or did it come like that ?

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Top Liked Authors