Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen transition animations not consistent?

(Topic created on: 23-12-2018 10:45 PM)
tea01
First Poster
Options

The problem I'm having is when I transition from AOD to the lock screen, it sometimes has a fade-in transition, other times it will be instant. From playing around with the settings, I found that the animator speed in developer settings is what controls the screen transitions. But even if I turn the animator speed to 10x, the fade-out animation is always consistent, it's only the fade-in transition to the lock screen that is inconsistent. Is there anyway to fix this?

I am using Nova Launcher which has it's own animation settings but those seem to be unrelated; it's more for opening apps and scrolling animations. I'm also using the Samsung LockStar app, but I've tried disabling that to no avail. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To help rule out things that you've downloaded that maybe affecting the phone I would suggest to put the phone in Safe Mode which disables everything you've downloaded then if the issue stops come out of Safe Mode and delete your most recent downloaded items one at a time.  

If it continues in Safe Mode then one last resort would be to back up and factory reset. 

If no joy then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic on the phone.

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
tea01
First Poster
Options

Yeah before I read your comment I had already gone through all my apps and tried disabling ones that I thought might have been causing the issue but still could not find it. I tried going into safe mode and the issue still persists so I have no idea what it could be. If I turn the animator speed to 2x or even 5x to make the fade-in/fade-out animation longer, maybe 1 out of 3 times it will skip the fade-in animation completely. 

I don't really want to go through the hassle of doing a factory reset so maybe I'll have to live with it. Thanks for the reply and trying to help!

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No worries @tea01

I appreciate that once a person has seen something they then can't unsee it ! 😞

Take care. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes