Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Durability ?

Highlighted
SOLVED
Navigator

Hi all i purchased a Galaxy Note 9: 2 days ago.. i've come across this thread on XDA see this link

All Note 9 owners saying there Note 9 are ending up cracking from the Volume Rocker and runs across the display..

All user are saying Note 9 was fine 10 min's ago, took it out of pocket and there's a crack on the display one even stated he put the phone on desk by bed  woke up next morning and it's cracked...

From what i'm reading this many people cant have the same crack in the same place ? 

Sounds like there's something wrong with the manufacturing process..

So my question is has any one on here experienced same issues ?

Also Samsung is not honouring warranty.. Yes i totally understand where Samsung is coming from.. But if it's a manufacturing defect then is it worth keeping the NOTE 9..

ive already paid £1000s + for Galaxy Note 9 i dont wanna pay £300+ bucks to replace the Amoled display.. i have never ever purchased phone insurance never will as Samsung make awesome products insurance is not needed..

Also the XDA post is not very reassuring.. So my question is would you keep the Note 9 or send it back ?

Thanks

Would you keep the note 9 or send it back i still have 26 days return period left Thanks

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @TH3ROY

I've owned the Note 9 from launch day. 

No issues with mine. 

I also use a Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and a dbrand Black Camo back skin and a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector. 

I also choose not to keep my phone in my pocket. 

Instead I use a vertical belt holster

This stops any stresses on the phones housing and display which can happen when a person sits etc. 

Unfortunately as advised the Manufacturing Warranty does not cover what's considered as accidental damage. 

However Home Contents Insurance or some Bank accounts provide mobile phone cover as a perk of the account may apply. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL Moderator
@TH3ROY: Samsung offer a repair warranty that covers software and hardware defects but not instances of physical/liquid damage or unauthorised modifications to the software. Any cracks or breakages would be chargeable however if a manufacturing defect was identified as the root cause of the issue then an alternate resolution would be discussed.

With this in mind if you have discovered a crack on your Note 9 then I recommend visiting an authorised Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect the device. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @TH3ROY

I've owned the Note 9 from launch day. 

No issues with mine. 

I also use a Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and a dbrand Black Camo back skin and a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector. 

I also choose not to keep my phone in my pocket. 

Instead I use a vertical belt holster

This stops any stresses on the phones housing and display which can happen when a person sits etc. 

Unfortunately as advised the Manufacturing Warranty does not cover what's considered as accidental damage. 

However Home Contents Insurance or some Bank accounts provide mobile phone cover as a perk of the account may apply. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors